Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad story in Fingal Independent

Options
  • 01-01-2010 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Did anyone else read the story on the front of the Fingal this week about a young boy named Nikita, I found it very sad!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

I don't always buy the fingal so just googled it

but

I can't seem to open the links at the moment but here is some of the story from the Fingal Independent
    http://www.fingal-independent.ie/
    Terminally ill boy takes positive action

By John MANNING
    A YOUNG Balbriggan boy who has been told by doctors he will not live beyond his teenage years is working along with his family to raise money for research into the rare genetic disease that has taken over his body.

1. Rare terminal disorder [86%] SANFILIPPO Syndrome is a rare and terminal genetic disorder which is often not apparent at birth but signs and symptoms develop with age as more cells become damaged by the accu- 30/12/2009, Temp

2. Family take action to raise money [83%]
    AFTER years feeling helpless as young Nikita became further and further engulfed by Sanfilippo Syndrome, his family decided to take action and raise money for research in a bid - 30/12/2009, Temp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

Yeah its a very sad story. Poor little fella and he is so gorgeous as well. :(
    I suppose something you could do if you want to help is to donate to the research fund that the family have set up. They are a lovely family and took part in the documentary series shown last year focusing on people living in Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

The article gives contact details for his two sisters who have been doing trojan work fundraising for the charity. If anyone is interested in helping out with either raising awareness via the press or donating to the fund please do give them a call.

Advertisement