Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a pre-emptive....Sssshhh.

Options
  • 01-01-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

All those orange lights you saw floating around the sky tonight. Doing manouvers that are not possible with current aviation technology, Amazingly bright craft 20 miles away traveling over past you at unimaginable speeds etc etc

They were Chinese Lanterns the size of a beach ball 500ft away....mkay! :D

Lots set off at midnight tonight. Watched them with Binoculars. No ifs, No Buts. Chinese Lanterns. Full Stop!! :D

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR ASTRO PEOPLE!! :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Hmmm, well what about the one that headed off into space?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Hmmm, well what about the one that headed off into space?!

Did it all of a sudden start to grow faint before disappearing as if warping off into deep space at warp speed??

yeah, that'd be the flame burning out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Calibos wrote: »
    All those orange lights you saw floating around the sky tonight. Doing manouvers that are not possible with current aviation technology, Amazingly bright craft 20 miles away traveling over past you at unimaginable speeds etc etc

They were Chinese Lanterns the size of a beach ball 500ft away....mkay! :D

Lots set off at midnight tonight. Watched them with Binoculars. No ifs, No Buts. Chinese Lanterns. Full Stop!! :D

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR ASTRO PEOPLE!! :D

Spoil sport!:(
    I wanted to announce my new theory on electrolunarluminenesce powered UFOs.

Happy New Year folks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Malty_T wrote: »
    Spoil sport!:(
    I wanted to announce my new theory on electrolunarluminenesce powered UFOs.

Happy New Year folks.
    :D:D:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Calibos wrote: »
    Did it all of a sudden start to grow faint before disappearing as if warping off into deep space at warp speed??

yeah, that'd be the flame burning out :D

Jaysus, must get me some of those chinese candles so for next year... :pac:

A strange sight while watching the normal fireworks elsewhere around the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Happy New Year everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks! I was wondering what it was:)

Advertisement