Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardinal Cahal Daly dies in Belfast

Options
  • 31-12-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭

The former Catholic Primate of All Ireland, Cardinal Cahal Daly has died in Belfast.

Aged 92, he served as a bishop for almost three decades based first in Longford, then in Belfast and finally in Armagh.

He became the hierarchy's foremost theologian and its most trenchant critic of politically-inspired violence.

In 1996 when he turned 79, he resigned on age grounds and returned to writing and the study of philosophy.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1231/dalyc.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Lord Jesus, have mercy on his soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Lord Jesus may he rest in peace with you. Amen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

kelly1 wrote: »
    Lord Jesus, have mercy on his soul.

Oh I hope not. He covered up for paedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Its still so difficult to work out his response to clerical sex abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Oh I hope not. He covered up for paedophiles.

Do you expect God to be merciful to you come judgment day after saying that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

kelly1 wrote: »
    Do you expect God to be merciful to you come judgment day after saying that?

Nope. But I do expect the tooth fairy to bring me a euro tomorrow. My Mummy has told me its so since I was a child so it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Let's play nice, folks.

Ghost Buster, this is you only warning: read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Since he was interested in philosophy, he's probavly chatting to the great philosophers right now in heaven

Advertisement