Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.T Mature Student Advisory Evening

Options
  • 31-12-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey, was browsing the mature student pages on D.I.T site and found this notice;

D.I.T Mature student advisory evening; Aungier Street,
    Tuesday 12th Jan 2010 4.30pm-7.30pm

Im sure anyone applying there already knows about it but just in case i thought id post here, as im sure it will be really informative and helpful when completing applications etc.

Il be going anyway-the more info the better!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Hey, i knew about the mature student evening and plan on going. I Was just wondering what course your interested in and if you have any info that could help me. I'm planning on doing biomedical science in DIT but have seen that the points are fairly high and that you might need one or two higher level subjects that I don't have.. I have my leaving cert but its not very good. And even though they take other things in to consideration i'm afraid they might still be wondering why my LC was so bad.. (I was an idiot and decided to work most of the time and not study! Young and stupid..). The other thing is they judge you on life experiences and I've being a carpenter for the past seven years so not exactly relative. Do you think I'm wasting my time? I have my reasons for choosing this course. But this post is long enough already. Hope to hear from you soon.. Nervous dave

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

No need to be nervous Dave! You'll have an opportunity to meet with staff from the Admissions Office as well as the programme you're hoping to study at the evening on the 12th - they'll be able to provide all the answers you need.

Thanks to qwertytlk for posting this - I was just on my way to do it :)

I would strongly recommend attending the evening if you're considering applying as a mature student - it's an excellent chance to meet with staff here at DIT and also with current mature students from a range of programmes, so you can get the inside scoop.

I'll be there myself to answer any other questions you might have - there's a bit of confusion over the recent changes to the grant / BTEA, so I'll be on hand to clarify those issues, as well as anything else you might want to know!

See you there

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

Thanks very much for your post, i'm looking forward to the open day. David

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

hey daithi,

well im applying to a few colleges for pretty much the same courses, which is ;Social care, but i didnt even do my Leaving Cert.. in fact i left school about 4 months before it..basically i was more interested in partying than real life, so i guess were both in the same boat in alot of ways!! But dont worry, if your applying as a mature student then it doesnt matter if you never went to secondary school at all let alone took any exams. From what iv read/heard, they look more at your life experience, your actual ability to do the course and of course your interest it. Your never wasting your time applying for anything, just go for it because after all if you dont put in the application then you wont be in with a chance of being accecpted!

Im heading along this evening anyway...you'l probably notice me-il be the loner walking around on my own (cant get any friends to go with me) hahaha!!!

Best of luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have a list of questions made out that you'll want to ask. Sometimes the amount of information thrown out you can be overwhleming and you forget the things you want to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Im so dissappointed i cant go to the open evening now... A combination of the really bad weather today and the fact i have no water in my house so cant even shower means im missing it so i hope anyone who goes wiill post info here, especially anyone who gets any info on the Social care course!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone go to this ?

How was it ?

Anyone ask about computer science ?

30mph winds and lashing rain put me off to be honest!

Advertisement