Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crewcab wanted

Options
  • 31-12-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

whats around?
    upto year 2000
    needed for work and the school run

surprise me,any make or model will do ......so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Main contendors would be:

Toyota Hilux
    Nissan Pickup/Navara
    Isuzu TF/D Max
    Mazda B2500/BT-50
    Ford Ranger
    Mitsubishi L200

Bear in mind safety for kids and rear seat comfort which is pretty poor on pickups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You may need to produce PPS no's of 3 employees and a V.A.T. no. to tax /register a crew cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

aujopimur wrote: »
    You may need to produce PPS no's of 3 employees and a V.A.T. no. to tax /register a crew cab.

i think he just wants it for his own use.

mazda or ford ranger can be got fairly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

yep.its only for my own use i need it

i had one and sold it recently but migh pick another one up

i meant is there any for sale with people on here,shop local first:D:D:D

I'd seek out a B2500 or a Ranger as they're amazing value for money next to a Hilux, and as the engine's fairly old school there's little to worry about with injectors or high pressure fuel pumps or the likes. Some pickups tend to be run by builders/farmers using their own tanks and this can play havoc with modern diesel engines. a set of injectors could cost you a quarter of the cost of an 02 pickup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i owned a 02 ranger for about 6 months it was the worst pickup i have ever driven unless you crawled around turns or on round abouts it always kept going sideways ,and that was only on damp roads i put on 4 brand new tyres which made no difference i was glad to get rid of it ,the ranger and the mazda b series as far as i know are the same only different badges ,what ever you get try and get an extended test drive maybe for a few days if you can

the standard width tyres on the Ranger are pretty poor, I've driven a B2500 with wider wheels and it's more stable.

Advertisement