Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cut off?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in upper william st, got back from a Christmas at home yesterday, and the water supply seems to be cut off most of the day yesterday and today. It went before a while ago and after a few days everyone in the building got a letter from the management company saying they know there's a problem and the council will fix it asap. Well I'm guessing its something thats not going to happen now as the management company are closed until Jan 4th. Tried ringing the council but i waited three minutes on hold before giving up. I had tried this previously for longer and i didn't get through either.

So just looking to find out is any one else in the same situation?? Doubtful it'll be back before next week, and don't know what we're meant to do for dishes / general hygiene in the mean time. I can't stay here when i can't have a shower or wash up or even brush my teeth. Hmmm....wonder would I be refunded for a stay at a hotel if that's what it came to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Yes I'm in the city as well and many water pipes have seemingly frozen. Advice is to wait until it thaws out. In the meantime there selling urine conversion kits on ebay if it will help. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I'm on Mulgrave Street and having the same problem.
    Thanfully we have a little water coming from the cold tap in the kitchen but zilch anywhere else in the house.
    It's been a complete head wreak & I am just about to pick up the phone to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No water in my place either today. Phoned about it and the woman on the phone said there was a very long list of people in the same boat, and that they have no lead times on how long it will take to get around to each case.

Checked with a few neighbours and about half are in the same boat. The joys. Just as well I stocked up with plenty of 4 litre bottles of water last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I hope this gets sorted for you guys soon.

My pipes were frozen for around 24 hours but came back to life then. (Also didn't burst thank you Jebus!)

They froze for 3 days last year which was awful too. I feel your pain :(

mud wrote: »
    I hope this gets sorted for you guys soon.

My pipes were frozen for around 24 hours but came back to life then. (Also didn't burst thank you Jebus!)

They froze for 3 days last year which was awful too. I feel your pain :(

Yeah it is the idea of a burst pipe that is bothering me too. I can get over them being frozen and working when they thaw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It's been gone here for a week now, at least. It's ridiculous. It comes back in dribbles at night, but as to when i'm meant to have a shower i don't know. seriously what are we meant to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Kess73 wrote: »
    No water in my place either today. Phoned about it and the woman on the phone said there was a very long list of people in the same boat, and that they have no lead times on how long it will take to get around to each case.

Checked with a few neighbours and about half are in the same boat. The joys. Just as well I stocked up with plenty of 4 litre bottles of water last week.

Yeah, I rang them a couple of times yesterday and got the same story about not being able to give a time or DAY when they would be able to get to me.
    Really at pains now but I suppose I do have a little water in one of the taps so I can just about manage.
    The house is filthy and the clothes for washing are starting to mount which is wreaking my head.

The one that really made me mad me is my parent's house. Their water is gone totally and both are pensioners. Now I have stocked them up with water, both for drinking, tea, cooking and filled their bath for water for the toilet etc and call a couple times a day to help out. But figured if I rang the local authorities and explained their case, that maybe they would be seen to.

So I tried phoning the local authorities to see if there was any chance they could be seen quickly due to their ages, and got a snotty reply that age has nothing to do with response time, and could they not wash at my house.

I then pointed out that I have no water at my house either for the same reason, and she just came back with her age means nothing response.

Now I am fine with having to wait myself for my own water supply, but I would have thought that the elderly would get a priority response in their own homes.

I have gotten in touch with the local elected representatives in my parents area too, but am not holding my breath as they are cut from the same cloth.

Once again the Limerick local authorities just show how useless they are. I'm sure we will see them in the media at some point on about how great their services are, and with plenty of back slapping to say well done to themselves.

The town coming in last as the filthiest place in Ireland is a shining testament to their services in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Was just watching RTE news this morning. A major water pipe has burst near the dock road. Could be a while until it's fixed. Don't know if it's just after bursting or if that's been the cause of a few problems lately.

Advertisement