Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop required - Advice welcome

Options
  • 30-12-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi to all in the computers and technology forum,

Just looking for a bit of advice on a new laptop after mine packed in lately. Friend said he reckons its the hard drive. I understand that hard drives aren't all that expensive but there was previously a host of other problems with laptop, Plagued with virsus's and ran very poor in general. As such I think I'm looking for a new one. RAM, processer types and other computer terminology doesn't mean a whole lot to me....I just tend to turn the laptop on and get on with it. I will say though that my storage requirements would be absolutely minimal. As I would only very seldom be running a lot of programs at the one time I don't think I'd need a high processor capacity. The main requirement though if possible would be a pretty large screen as I would be watching a fair amount of dvd's with it and browsing internet. Other than that would intend to use word and excel or a more infrequent basis. Want something that would take a wee bit of abuse if possible or at least won't pack in at the slightest tap.

Any advice appreciated. Best stores to buy in. Perhaps offers ye seen in post Christmas sales. Even if ye are selling a laptop perhaps ye could provide me details or if such is not permitted a link. I do see laptops on adverts.ie but for the most part they seem to be pretty top end expensive machines or else have some problems with them like no charger or broken screen for example. My budget is absolutely under 500 EUR but as low as possible.

All pointers are greatly appreciated and happy new year to ye all!

Advertisement