Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything good to say about Imagine / Magnet

Options
  • 30-12-2009 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I currently have eircom broadband and was looking to change to another provider, and came on here to see comments.

Basically I would be put off using any broadband service in ireland with the horror stories i have read.

I take it most people who are having good service are not posting, or am i wrong and the majority of people are getting terrible serivce and the posts on boards reflect what is happning in general??

My service with eircom is ok for what I want, just a little pricey thats why want to change, but looks like it will be a case of better the devil you know for me......

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Magnet are a good provider as are Smart, they are only available in large towns and cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I have Irish Broadband (now Imagine) for about 3yrs and am really pleased with its reliability. (Ripwave ver)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

Do Smart offer telephone service aswell? WOuld prefer to have 1 provider for calls and BB.
    Do Samrt use fixed line or wireless service for BB?

Read few more stories about service providers all of which were bad.. Dont know what to do, would love to stop paying high charges to eircom but dont wnat get stung with crappy service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DUBISAK wrote: »
    Do Smart offer telephone service aswell? WOuld prefer to have 1 provider for calls and BB.
    Do Samrt use fixed line or wireless service for BB?

Read few more stories about service providers all of which were bad.. Dont know what to do, would love to stop paying high charges to eircom but dont wnat get stung with crappy service.

You must take phone from Smart as well, there's no choice there. Smart are only on fixed lines.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

DUBISAK wrote: »
    I currently have eircom broadband and was looking to change to another provider, and came on here to see comments.

Basically I would be put off using any broadband service in ireland with the horror stories i have read.

I take it most people who are having good service are not posting, or am i wrong and the majority of people are getting terrible serivce and the posts on boards reflect what is happning in general??

My service with eircom is ok for what I want, just a little pricey thats why want to change, but looks like it will be a case of better the devil you know for me......

Where are you living?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

Where are you living?
    Dunshaughlin co Meath

Advertisement