Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effexor

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone had any experience of increasing dosage of effexor, and how long it took to feel the effects. The last time I increased, felt virtually no side effects, and it seemed to kick in immediately. Now, its 9 days, and I dont feel any better. Have been on to my doctor, and he recommends waiting until Monday, by which time it will be 2 weeks, and we can re-asess then.
    Anyone any experiences they would like to share? I know it is subjective, different for everyone. If I dont feel the effects by next week, I'll be back onto Lexapro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone had any experience of increasing dosage of effexor, and how long it took to feel the effects. The last time I increased, felt virtually no side effects, and it seemed to kick in immediately. Now, its 9 days, and I dont feel any better. Have been on to my doctor, and he recommends waiting until Monday, by which time it will be 2 weeks, and we can re-asess then.
    Anyone any experiences they would like to share? I know it is subjective, different for everyone. If I dont feel the effects by next week, I'll be back onto Lexapro

Jack,

firstly, you should follow your doctors advice, and not that of anyone here, regarding meds.

secondly, you have posted similar questions on many different threads at this stage. there is no need to create another thread for the same thing.

i wish you well, and i am keen that you (and others) use this forum to your benefit.

i'm aware from another thread of yours that you are seeing a psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team soon. you really should follow their advice and that of your GP.

I'm closing this thread as its really just a repetition of other threads/posts.

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement