Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germanium transistors for guitar pedal electronics project

Options
  • 30-12-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place, does anyone know where i'd get some germanium transistors in limerick, these are different to the the standard transistors, i need them for a treble booster guitar pedal i'm building,

Thanks,

DESQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Maplin/Savins?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I doubt there would be many places that would stock them here seeing as they are quite an old technology. Great for getting a fuzz sound from a pedal though.

I would think your best bet is online. Just had a look on ebay and there are plenty for sale there. Generally the UK and Germany are the best to get them from.

Locally maybe try some of the smaller electrical stores like Fitzpatricks on Henry street as the more modern stores don't stock them, or give Savins' music dept a shout to see if any of the guys working there can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'd be very suprised if savins could help, I went in there recently looking for parts to refurbish a power amp. The guy didnt even know what a fuse was, and suggested i try Dunnes for the parts!!! All they are in Savins are salesmen, with no notion of what they are actually selling!!!

Try a good old TV repair man, i found them very good for parts when I was doing college projects similar to this one.

URLAN TV LTD: Clare Street - LIMERICK Tel: 061 4090 Or try this link, list of a few guys around the county.
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/Limerick/Television_Repairs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try Future, Sound & Vision next to Gleeson's Sports Store, Upper William Street. They have a dedicated musical instrument section, the staff there used to work in Savins for many years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement