Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a few questions about getting a peice done

Options
  • 30-12-2009 4:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Sup boards

So I'm planning on getting a sleeve done pretty soon, and i was hoping to go to Zulu if they're still open (got a piece on my leg there before).
    I was just wondering what the story is on getting a tat without any design to go from before hand. I have a clear image in my head down to every last detail of what i want , a kind of bio-mech thing, but i would imagine it would hard for a tattooist to really be able to draw the design i have in my head, or would it? I mean, i don't just want to walk in there and be like "yeah , i want this. lets go" What would the best way to go about it do you think? I have searched the intranet for weeks for something that looks similar and to no avail.

And if by some means i managed to get this idea on paper, who would be the best guy to go in Zulu(or any tattoo place)? I'm looking for really vibrant colours and really "jump off my skin" stuff. And yeah - I know that question has been asked in a million other threads

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

If its Bio-mech your looking for go to Snakebite and talk to Rob or Paval, though I dont think Paval works there anymore.

A few users of this board, ''Clownbag'', ''Damo'' and ''Will'' have some very impressive biomech work from there afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wills Biomech leg - Done by Pavel in Snakebite
    Wills Biomech foot - Done by Dominic, from Living Art, Portland, Oregon

My chest biomech - Done by Pavel in Snakebite

Clownbag's biomech arm - Done by Rob in Snakebite

If I was to get another biomech piece done in the country, I think I'd get Rob to do it as he did such a great job on the sleeve for Clownbag, or wait for next November, and get Dominic to do the tattoo, as Wills foot piece is amazing.

(Guys, if you don't want these pics up, let me know and I'll whip them out of the post again.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lolwut

Cool, thanks for your replies guys. Those are some awesome tattoos and definitely what I'm going for

Did some googling and just making sure Snakebite is in Dublin near O'connell street yeah? One more annoying question :D- Can i just walk in and and try and get things started or would it be best to call ahead? I'm planning on getting a fairly big piece

Cheers

It's pretty near O'Connell St., on Middle Abbey St. (The one the Luas goes along, if you're not familiar with it.)
    You'll get the exact location here: http://www.snakebite.ie/Shop.htm

Cool, Thanks mate

And would you think they would be able to capture the design in my head? I have every little detail down and been reciting it to myself for ages now, so i don't think explaining it to them would a problem

• Advertisement

The artist should be able to interpret what you're describing, but they mightn't get it exactly as it is in your head, because everyone is different, and they could take something different from your description. My bio-mech heart wasn't quite what I had played around with in my head for ages, but IMHO, it's better!

If the artist does draw you up something (and this will take time, so don't expect to go in and get it designed and tattooed on the same day!) and you don't like aspects of it, let them know, and they'll either adapt the design, or tell you if there is a reason that it wouldn't work.

Oh for sure, i'm just looking at some of the peices on the site now and i definitely think they could improve on what i have in my head. I'm just a picky asshole who doesn't like to piss people off (strange mix i know). Hoping to give them a ring today and get the ball rolling , thanks for your help man.

Btw, Your chest peice is ****ing awesome. If i didn't have the oul' moobs id love to get something like it

I've moobs myself, but intend to get rid of them pretty soon :pac:
    Good luck, and let us know how ya get on :)

I will indeed

But if it turns out bad, i'm coming for you!

just kidding, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Let us know how it goes!

They should be able to interpret what you're saying and get it on paper, but as damo said, sometimes their own twist on it is better. It happened with my rib piece!

All I'll say is make sure you're 100% happy with what they draw up, it doesn't piss them off to ask them to change it. It is going to be permanently on your skin after all, so get them to keep changing it til you're happy!

• Advertisement

Really, thanks for all your help guys, i'd be lost without you
    Rang up snakebite today and some sound English guy (apologizes for not knowing his name) told me i should talk to Rob and he should be in Monday, So s'all good in funkytown

Just oooone more question . I've googled this and found very mixed answers. I have a keloid scar on my arm where i plan on getting the piece. It's about the size of a 20 cent, Got it from a mole removal earlier this year and apparently the surgeons in bannisloe messed it up , to quote my GP "Did they do it with a knife and fork?" And it's not healing right (half still raised with little promise from my doctor it will ever heal fully). Would it really be a tattoo changing problem or could whoever's doing it just ignore it and tattoo around/over it?

I know someone that's gotten tattooed over scar tissue before, it's not a huge problem, but talk to the artist first. When it's tattooed over, it'll still be visable, but barely, it'll probably just look like a shiny bit on the tattoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I've moobs myself, but intend to get rid of them pretty soon :pac:
    Good luck, and let us know how ya get on :)

moobs are evil i swear to god once jan comes im defo hitting the gym!!!! the problem is that im skinny but i have moobs WTF!!!!!

Advertisement