If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40/42" TV for SD viewing

Options
  • 29-12-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a 40/42" TV which will be used for standard definition viewing. What TV would you recommend? Picture quality is number one consideration. Thanks in advance. Delivery to Mayo would be required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Selfbuilder1

Well delivery to Mayo is no problem at all you'd be looking at €29.99.

As for the TV's did you have any particular feature set in mind?
    All our 42" TV's are Full HD but will take SD sources no worries there. Naturally they will show a large step up in quality when you feed a Full HD signbal into the at a later date.

We have the 42PFL5604H 50hz FUll HD LCD TV SALE PRICE €659.99
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl5604h_12/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The 42PFL7404 and 8404 Full HD 100Hz TV's
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl8404h_12/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    The 7404 and 8404 are the same TV but the 87404 adds AMBILIGHT and NET TV into the spec list mix
    SALE PRICE ON 7404 IS €854.99 3year warranty
    SALE PRICE ON THE 8404 IS €899.99 4year warranty

and The 42PFL9664H here
    www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl9664h_12/42pfl9664h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    the TOP dog of the range and a award winner - Stunning TV is this one!
    Sale price €1629.99 with 5year warranty.

WARRANTRY OFFERS END 31/12/2009!!

How do these look to you?
    Buzz me on 01 474 0788
    Have a good one
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Thanks for the reply Ash. The TV with the best standard definition picture is the one I am after and also the one thats the best value for money. The TV will be used 95% of the time with standard Sky and the rest will be through the aerial. I know these TV's are really built with HD in mind but I don't want to be disappointed if the picture on my old 32" CRT will be better than my new LCD. Thanks again for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Just see that the sale price of the 8404 is 899 - does the boards.ie 10% apply here or does it not cos it's a sale price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Selfbuilder1

I'd say the 7 and 8 series offer the best value for money if you want to run SD content on them (the 9 series are excellent as well with SD but this TV craves HD - its main reson for being!)

They will happily step up when you decide to go with HD.

Call on in and have a looksee eh?

Hi Zaphodbeeb

The 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount applies to our regulr selling price in store. It cant be used in conjunction with any reduced/special or sale prices we have in store..

Short answer is - No, these are the SALE prices (Boardies get to take advantage of this year round and not just at sale times.....lucky folks you are:))

Have a great new year
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.