Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Mini 9 Netbook - €200 @ PC World

Options
  • 29-12-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

957263.jpg

Windows XP
    Atom
    1GB RAM
    16GB SSD
    8.9" Screen
    Full Details Here

Stumbled across this via HUKD, decided to give it a shot over here. Nobody knew about it. It's not on the shop floor, and I had to insist both times I checked for them to please look it up in the in-store computer (make sure they type a space between the "mini" and the "9").

PC World Jervis Street have 20 as of this evening. No other Dublin stores have stock.
    I can't fully remember, but I think Cork and Galway had some stock.

Seems like a very good deal to me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Which store OP ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

long_b wrote: »
    Which store OP ?
    Click on the link;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Dell mini 10's pop up in the dell outlet from time to time for less than €200. Paid €159 for a mini 10v myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Not sure if I can ask this (sorry basq and all if I can't, just delete this or something :P ) Are these the netbooks that are easily hackintoshed?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Are these the netbooks that are easily hackintoshed?
    When I wanted to do it to my NC10.. apparently no compatible drivers for the in-built wireless and sound card were available.

The Mini 9 is one of the best available for compatibility.. as the chart below indicates so I'd go for it (if that's what you're primarily interested in doing).

picture1hf.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

snappieT wrote: »
    PC World Jervis Street have 20 as of this evening. No other Dublin stores have stock.
    I can't fully remember, but I think Cork and Galway had some stock.

Seems like a very good deal to me!

Yes they do. We have some in our store and there's a few more in Dublin that should have theirs as well. The reason why anyone might not have known about them is that today is delivery day so they wouldn't have been anywhere near the floor and only being registered in stores today hence why it was saying no other shops had them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    When I wanted to do it to my NC10.. apparently no compatible drivers for the in-built wireless and sound card were available.

The Mini 9 is one of the best available for compatibility.. as the chart below indicates so I'd go for it (if that's what you're primarily interested in doing).

picture1hf.png

You should be able to replace the wireless card in your netbook. Some of the intel ones are osx compatible and should cost under €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You should be able to replace the wireless card in your netbook. Some of the intel ones are osx compatible and should cost under €30.
    Yeah, the Dell DW 1390 / 1490 Mini-PCI are compatible and available for about a tenner on Ebay.

But just don't know if it warrants being changed.. I don't use my Netbook nearly enough as is! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 IanPerth

thanks OP,

Got one of these this morning in Liffey Valley ... only had white one's but that was cool with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

IanPerth wrote: »
    thanks OP,

Got one of these this morning in Liffey Valley ... only had white one's but that was cool with me!

anyone can tell me if they still (or at all) have them in Waterford? (or if not, may be any Dublin store as i live in Kilkenny)

(i'll call them in the morning, but i want to be sure as they often have no idea if stock is actually in store - i spend all day chasing Dell Studio Hybrid http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055652109 which they claimed they have in few stores - they probably had - until i showed up that is ;) )

going to waterford and dublin will be around €30 and that is close to online prices (but with whole week of waiting... :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

m4rkiz wrote: »
    anyone can tell me if they still (or at all) have them in Waterford? (or if not, may be any Dublin store as i live in Kilkenny)

(i'll call them in the morning, but i want to be sure as they often have no idea if stock is actually in store - i spend all day chasing Dell Studio Hybrid http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055652109 which they claimed they have in few stores - they probably had - until i showed up that is ;) )

going to waterford and dublin will be around €30 and that is close to online prices (but with whole week of waiting... :( )
    It seems that PC World get deliveries on Tuesdays, so if you call today and it shows up on their stock system, it really should be available.
    Good luck!

just picked up one, 5 still there, white only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

There's one on display in sligo, didnt ask how many were in stock.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19313113/19622187.aspx#19622187

not a good way to start new year, is it? ;)

is there any chance of getting it replaced by pc world, or should i contact dell?

anyone can tell from his experience which way is faster as i am going on holiday soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

is there any chance of getting it replaced by pc world, or should i contact dell?

anyone can tell from his experience which way is faster as i am going on holiday soon?
    You are legally entitled to have PC World deal with your problem, and they would hopefully just do a prompt replacement in-store for you. If they start talking about repairs, I'd just go to Dell directly myself.

Sorry to hear about your problem :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bring it in to pc world as soon as possible. They have a 28 day return policy for faulty goods. You'll get a refund or replacement if it's faulty within 28 days of purchase.

Bring it in to pc world as soon as possible. They have a 28 day return policy for faulty goods. You'll get a refund or replacement if it's faulty within 28 days of purchase.

nice to hear that, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭fourcats

Does anyone have a telephone number for PC World in Carrikmines that will be answered?
    I have tried the 1890 number that puts you through but it only rings for a fairly short while and doesnt give you the actual number. I'm just wondering if they have any of the Dell Mini 9 or10's in stock.

fourcats wrote: »
    Does anyone have a telephone number for PC World in Carrikmines that will be answered?
    I have tried the 1890 number that puts you through but it only rings for a fairly short while and doesnt give you the actual number. I'm just wondering if they have any of the Dell Mini 9 or10's in stock.

try 0818 20 40 40

i just came back from waterford, they replaced it, will see how long that one will last ;)

(with 2 trips to waterford from kilkenny it is now close to online prices, so i hope i wont have go there again)

Advertisement