If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player/TV 32'' quote

Options
  • 29-12-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there
    I'm looking ro compliment my current sysytem, received from Richer of course ;) i.e. Amp CA Azur 340SE + Monitor Audio BR1 speakers with a player that would reproduce well both DVD and CD. From my recognition CA AZUR 540D black looks like obvious choice, however please recommend other playre if you feel it would work well for me (note I'd use use it 50% for DVD and 50% for CD, Blu Ray not an option).
    I'm also thinking to replace my old school TV with LCD 32" and based on my research I've chosen Samsung LE32B530 but again feel free to recommend other model (except for LGs which I don't like basically)
    My totsl budget is 500EUR with 10% margin if there is something worth spending more.
    Please give me a quote with delivery to Dublin.

Best

Radek

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there
    I'm looking ro compliment my current sysytem, received from Richer of course ;) i.e. Amp CA Azur 340SE + Monitor Audio BR1 speakers with a player that would reproduce well both DVD and CD. From my recognition CA AZUR 540D black looks like obvious choice, however please recommend other playre if you feel it would work well for me (note I'd use use it 50% for DVD and 50% for CD, Blu Ray not an option).
    I'm also thinking to replace my old school TV with LCD 32" and based on my research I've chosen Samsung LE32B530 but again feel free to recommend other model (except for LGs which I don't like basically)
    My totsl budget is 500EUR with 10% margin if there is something worth spending more.
    Please give me a quote with delivery to Dublin.

Best

Radek

Radek,

The 540D is now a finished line - Cambridge are getting all geared up for the launch of their mega new Blu-Ray player the 650BD (really nice machine!)

So if you want a really nice DVD / CD Player the best I would recommend is the Marantz DV7001 at £369.95 - alternatively (and this I think is what I would choose for decent DVD & CD replay at a sensible price - I would go for the Pioneer BDP120 at £149.95 - this is a quality machine at a give away price and is especially good on CD replay.

Keep me posted if we can assist at all and thanks as ever for the post ;)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Andromedasuite

thanks for the quote John, I believe this Pioneer you recommend is decent but looks plasticky and it would be disgrace to put it on rack beside CA Amp, on the other hand Marantz is too pricey for me :-(
    don't you have any old chool, i.e. 'no blue ray' players in the basemant for clearance that would match better CA Azur Amp perhaps? I'd like something for standard DVD and good audio but more solid, heavier than Pioneer 120

Thanks
    Radek

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Andromedasuite

Hi guys
    thanks for your cooperation however last night I found on ebay Denon DVD 2900, this battleship was never used and I won it for £205. think it's good deal (touch wood it'll work well).
    I'll contact you in January as I want to replace my crt TV finally!
    Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!
    Radek

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.