Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silvercrest KH6522 dvd player unlocking code anyone??

Options
  • 29-12-2009 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Dont know if i have the right forum for this, if not mod plz move........

Just bought this silvercrest KH6522 dvd player from lidl, but it is not multi-region. Does anyone know or can anyone tell me what the unlocking code is please??

Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try the following:
    1 Switch it on.
    2 Press "Setup".
    3 Highlight "Lock Item" or similar phrase.
    4 Press "0" (Zero) 7 times.
    5 A message should come up informing you that it is region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

cheers for the reply but i cannot find "Lock Item" or similar phrase. What am i looking for?

NoelDoran wrote: »
    cheers for the reply but i cannot find "Lock Item" or similar phrase. What am i looking for?

What I gave you is generic way to unlock most models. It has unlocked al the family players and recorders, but they are all 3/4/5 yrs old. If you have no luck, then Google is your friend.

thanks anyways, i will just have to trawl the net and see what i can find......

1. Turn on player
    2. open disk tray
    3. Put DVD from another region in drive
    4. Close drive
    5. Press play
    6. watch movie.

This is a method I found on avforums.com. Hopefully it will be of some help.

• Advertisement

cheers mate but still nothing...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

hey noel I tried to find a unlock code for you for your player but couldnt find anything all i could find is your posts on another forum.

Im just hear trying myself to unlock my mams dvd player I want to watch region 2 boondock saints 2 dvd box set region 1.

I found a unlock code for it there press open tray press 9999
    (enter number 9 for region free) close tray switch off and on.

i'll try it and see how I get on and let you know mate.

I have sony dvd recorder at home turns out there is no unlock codes for dvd recorders cause of copyright prob.

I tried all the unlock codes for all the makes of silvercrest players on http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=silvercrest&hits=50&Search=Search but none of them work so im hoping that the crowd in dublin ring me back on monday....

have you tried www.afterdawn.com

since it being a silvercrest german made would the germans not be able to have the code.

• Advertisement

i thought ever dvd player could be unlocked no ?

no havnt tried afterdawn yet, thats my next shot...

well www.kompernass.com are the german makers of silvercrest and they told me the following.......

'' Hallo Mr. Doran,

It is not possible, since banned.

regards

i..A: Gerd Sackers

K o m p e r n a ß
    Handelsges. mbH
    Burgstr. 21
    D - 44867 Bochum
    Tel: 0049 (0) 2327 3018696

Fax: 0049 (0) 2327 301863
    Email: Sackers@kompernass.de
    www.kompernass.com

cable842 wrote: »
    i thought ever dvd player could be unlocked no ?

i depends on whether its programmed into them or not, i know that in a lot of blu ray player you can unlock the dvd region lock but not the blu ray lock, go figure that as i would think that if the dvd can be unlocked why not the bluray...

Im still holding out till i find a multi region bluray before i buy one tho....

someone told me during the week that the playstation 3 is region free ? Im not sure.

It is not possible, since banned. whats that mean. i suggest you give afterdawn a try i'll try them myself if the code doesnt work for me.

as for silvercrest dvd players they are unreal they play all the codecs which is great name one dvd player in argus that plays all the codecs and has upscalling to hdmi

i know, this player has a savage spec, that why i went for it, lets hope we can get a code for it coz if we do i will go back and get it again.....

as for playstation 3, it is not multi region (even though i heard that it was too on the net), got a lend of the brothers one 3 week ago and tried two region 1 blu rays that i have underworld 3 and forest gump and no joy, just said region incompatible.....

Will let you know how i get on with after dawns.........

Advertisement