Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion - roof window fitter

Options
  • 29-12-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi All

Myself and my wife have decided to convert the attic space with our growing family. I lost my job back in July so due to this we have tovwatch every penny. I am going to try and do as much of it as possible with theguidance of my father who is a builder and he will help me but he is near retirement age so dont want to pressure him too much. I am going to purchase the roof windows myself. Any ideas on the best place to buy these and also can anyone recommend a roof window fitter to do this job. We are living in dublin, thanks for all the advise in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    I have 4 large velux windows fitted, for the last few years there the best .
    The bigger the better as i have seen a few conversions with small windows fitted and they dont work.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Fakro or Velux are the two leading brands in Ireland.

You will need to buy them from a hardware store.

These guys will have them, the owner Peter Cosgrave is a very hands on guy

Grange Builders Providers
    25 Baldoyle Ind Est, Baldoyle, Co. Dublin
    Phone: (01) 8390193

Who will fit them? You need a first fix carpenter..ie a roofer

Advertisement