Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Cliffs of Moher tomorrow - any thoughts on whether roads will be OK?

Options
  • 28-12-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Title says it all - any opioions??

drove from Dublin early this morning and the only bad bit was about Roscrea.

If Cliffs not a good idea any alternatives for a bit of sightseeing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

Usually less frost close to the coast but not sure of where snow might be still frozen over.

I usally use the road condition report from the NRA to give me a guide on the current status of a road.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Main roads are the only relatively safe roads in Clare at the moment. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Ennistymon / Lahinch area were quite badly affected last week and there's been no great thaw since then.

If you post in the Clare forum you might get a reply from someone living in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I wouldn't do the coast ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

phog wrote: »
    I usally use the road condition report from the NRA to give me a guide on the current status of a road.

Cheers - great site

Advertisement