Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Availability for UK

Options
  • 28-12-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I have applied to UCAS with mind to start university in Sep/Oct 2010 I was wondering what grants/subsidies I might be entitled to from Ireland/UK/EU if any.

My circumstances are; I am in full time employment until probably April 2010, I haven't entered into any degree/diploma course before. I will be applying as a mature student and live out of home.

Any assistance or advice or even links to sites that may help help would be much appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Two websites that might help you:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/index.htm

And the Student Loans Company. (As far as I can figure as an EU student at a UK university, you're entitled to a loan to cover tuition fees. You don't pay it back until you're finished college and earning more than 15,000 pounds a year).

http://www.slc.co.uk/

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The Irish grants system applies as it would if you were studying at a university in Ireland. The rates/details should be available from your local authority or VEC.

The UK loans system covers fees only for non-UK students.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dommy

Thanks a lot, will look into these.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

I had no idea you could get a grant/BTEA from Ireland while studying abroad! This is fantastic news for me because tuition fees are so much lower in the UK. Thanks pow wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My pleasure Cliona. Congrats and hope you have a great time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement