Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Repair/Hire/Rental in Limerick

Options
  • 28-12-2009 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Had a bad accident yesterday because of black ice.
    Probably be with out my car for a week or two.

I'd appreciate advice on:
    1) A good place/cost in Limerick city area to get a car repaired.
    2) I'll be looking at renting a car.
    Does anyone know a good place at a good price for renting cars in Limerick?

Thank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Sorry to hear about your crash, I hope atleast your ok!!
    I have never had to get a car repaired after a crash before thankfully but I think one of my friends brought his to a place called Browns up near cratloe, I'll check with him for you!
    With regards to renting a car, Ennis Road Motors (the opel garage) are agents for Irish Car Rentals and Alamo Car Rentals so I'd say they will be your best bet! I rented a van from them before and found it was good value (€65 for the day as far as I remember, I'm sure if your getting it for 2 weeks it would be way way less per day).

Give them a shout anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I hope you're not still shook up from it, thinking of your motors forum thread.

€65 for a day is robbery. Ring up Enterprise car hire in Rhebogue who will give you a rental car(using your own insurance) for around €25 for a Micra and upwards for other cars.

Where to get it fixed?

Well what's wrong with it? Just cosmetic damage? If so

Pat Gorey 061 - 345665

He does the work for Renault in Limerick as well from his workshop next to Corbally uniteds pitch out in Parteen. BTW, Enterprise will collect you and drop you back to Goreys for free because they did this for me when he was working on my car. I had an Astra for €45 for the day(including their insurance could not transfer company insurance) so it would be around €35 using your own insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 legendz

Shook up but I'm alive so I'll get over it!;)

It was scary when the car when flying towards a ditch and bumped off a pole.

As for the damage, the bonnet, lights at the front, the front of the car, the bumper is broken, the left wing probably will have to be changed.
    The passenger door won't open, due to the left wing from what I can see.

I'm guessing I could be looking around €800.

The car, an Almera, does drive though so I don't know, internals should be ok.

Thanks for your info as I know nothing when it comes to this.

I checked out the Enterprise website and could get a Fiesta for €10 a day for 14 days, seems ok.

Main problem I have to wait til tomorrow to get things going and will be working in a different town.

A lot of hassle but my mess, so I'll get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Sorry to hear about your misfortune OP!

I'd have to agree with Berty with regards to Enterprise - had the pleasure dealing with these guys in Rhebogue a couple of months ago when my car was out of order for a while - gave me a lovely 08 golf and it was around the €40 euro mark per day over 3 days. Very pleasant people too, few and far between these days sadly.

I also dealt with Murray Sixt in Shannon Airport - got an 07 mondeo off them, but it was a little more pricey and awkward to collect (they don't offer the pick-up service the enterprise offer!).

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 legendz

From my own research Enterprise would be best.

Is Gorey a panel beater only or does he do more.

Brown and Gorey the best shouts I've heard so far.

Mainly looking at where now to do the repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Gorey is simply a panel beater. He will not be able to fix anything other than bodywork or replacing headlights etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Had a prick bust my rear bumber, tail light and dent the side panel (and buggered off before i RETURNED), Joes crash repairs in the Eastway Business park did a great job, highly recommend them, and a third of the price my Ford dealer wanted (they want 800 just for labour!!) dont have the number to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Depending on location I would recommend Murray Crash Repairs in Croom (aka Martin Murray) 061 397424 . Very good, reasonable prices and all necessary equipment. Would let no one else near my cars.

For car rental try www.arguscarhire.ie the expedia of car hire normally gets good prices. Try Shannon airport as well as Limerick as sometimes you get better prices and most of them will drop a car into Limerick.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Had a prick bust my rear bumber, tail light and dent the side panel (and buggered off before i RETURNED), Joes crash repairs in the Eastway Business park did a great job, highly recommend them, and a third of the price my Ford dealer wanted (they want 800 just for labour!!) dont have the number to hand.

I've used them also, found them to be very good. Their number is 086-0651912 (found an estimate on my desk) :)

Advertisement