Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple devices all playing through the one surround sound.

Options
  • 28-12-2009 1:46am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I have a ps3, dell studio hybrid (it's a media centre pc with a hdmi output) and a upc box. In a month or so I'll have an xbox 360 and maybe a wii. These will all be connected up to my samsung LE40B551 LCD TV. I will be getting a surround sound system for this setup. More than likely it'll be the sony ddwg700 (http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1112084/art/sony/ht-ddwg700-home-cinema-sy.html) (unless of course someone else can recommend something better for the money :)).

What I was planning on doing is connecting my ps3, dell studio and the 360 using HDMI cables. The upc box up using scart and the wii using what ever cable comes with that. Then have an optical cable going from the optical out connection on the tv into the optical input on the dwg700.

If I do this will any sound that goes to the tv go through the surround sound without having to connect an optical cable from each individual device?

Thanks for the help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

I'd say keep your eyes pealed over on the Richersounds forum for the next few weeks to see if any deals turn up with some clearance or January sale type stuff.

You might get yourself an AV Reciever and some speakers which would allow you connect everything via that to the TV. I am sure what you suggest would work, however I can't comment on how efficient that would be.

Advertisement