Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver Mountains

Options
  • 27-12-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Living here in Vancouver at the moment. looking to see if there are many or any people interested in hitting the local mountains. Give us a shout. Mostly head to Grouse myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

Hey i live in Whistler,if you ever get up,give us a shout,don't make it down there much

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbie7

Hey gavkm27 will do. last up in whistler for the opening week.......epic conditions. gotta take advantage of it more, seeing how its only over an hour up to road.

Well it's changed alot since opening week,been so busy over the xmas,but getting quite now,really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

gavkm27 wrote: »
    Well it's changed alot since opening week,been so busy over the xmas,but getting quite now,really nice

How are the snow levels this year? I used to live off Lonsdale. Ooh for a coffee from Roastmasters.

244cm base,way better than last year and 760cm fell so far,100% terrain open,lots of coverage,we had 530cm in under 3 weeks in November, 7 of them days where 60cm days,pretty nuts

• Advertisement

244cm base,way better than last year and 760cm fell so far,100% terrain open,lots of coverage,we had 530cm in under 3 weeks in November, 7 of them days where 60cm days,pretty nuts

Ooh thats good. Remember them worrying about levels when they won the Olympic bid.

Where abouts in Whistler are you? I used to stay at Glaciers Reach from time to time. Hottub outside each apartment :)

Yeah they have had extra snow canons on the dave murray downhill,so should be pretty sorted for the olympics.
    I'm staying in Blueberry near the lake,good location,but getting kicked out for the olympics like alot of people

Yeah they have had extra snow canons on the dave murray downhill,so should be pretty sorted for the olympics.
    I'm staying in Blueberry near the lake,good location,but getting kicked out for the olympics like alot of people

Ooh i remember Blueberry off the 99. You emigrated or just temporary visa? We got our citizenship back in 02. I would love to return, to tell you the truth, but i dont know if i could handle all that shipping again! We will one day... would like to spend the summers in Penticton.

I'm just here for a few months to ride,not working,on holiday visa,thinking about getting Usit visa when i get home and coming back,pretty expensive here,don't know if i could live fulltime in Whistler

I'm just here for a few months to ride,not working,on holiday visa,thinking about getting Usit visa when i get home and coming back,pretty expensive here,don't know if i could live fulltime in Whistler

Yea, Whistler would be lotto win and retirement. Hard to believe it can hit high 30's in summer. Good luck mate and enjoy. Have a pint of Grasshopper outside the Amsterdam for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement