Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years eve in Limerick city

Options
  • 27-12-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Lads is there anything special on in town on the night? any concerts or events etc? somewhere fun to go to like!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trinity Rooms is supposed to be doing its usual night of big (€20) celebrations. Not sure what exactly that entails though.

I'll let you know if I hear of anything else.
    I'll be going to a house-party meself :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I shall be evacuating to Stockholm after the success of my evacuation to Edinburgh last year. New Year's Eve out in Limerick is and always has been shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I refuse to go to town on new years because its too packed. Queue to pee, queue to get a drink and been shoved around all night. AGHHHHH

House partys FTW on new years.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Baker Place, "New Years Party", €10 access all areas, Walter Mitty and the Realists head-lining. Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters and LaBatts supporting. DJ Greenwood in the Wicked Chicken, and MC called YT playing the Roots Factory downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

New Year's Eve is usually a nightmare, queue to be overcharged to get into a venue, queue to put your coats in, queue to get a drink, spill half it fighting your way back from the bar, queue to get to the jacks and then queue to get your coats again.

No thanks, house party is the better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bazz26 wrote: »
    New Year's Eve is usually a nightmare, queue to be overcharged to get into a venue, queue to put your coats in, queue to get a drink, spill half it fighting your way back from the bar, queue to get to the jacks and then queue to get your coats again.

No thanks, house party is the better option.

Isnt that any weekend night in any club in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

krudler wrote: »

Not where Im going NYE. http://www.velvetroom.ie/

Reserved table for 4. €12 each. Separate Cloak Room & Table Service.

Find that in Limerick....................

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

krudler wrote: »

Regular weekends are alot quieter these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

J90 are playing in smyths.. they are a great band but smyths can be kinda young.. think its 10 to get in after 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Clohessys are doing an all night thing for 15 quid you get into the bar and the sin bin, its free if you go in before 7.30 which isnt so bad if you only intend on staying out until midnight, i'll be staying sober that night so 4+ hours of drinking water and fizzy drinks should be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Jack L and special guests playing in dolans New years eve. Tickets 25 euro. Some still available I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

A good early night is what all of ye should have. Tucked up at half eight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Baker Place, "New Years Party", €10 access all areas, Walter Mitty and the Realists head-lining.
    Yeah, I know friends want to go to that. Hope its not crap. Tend to prefer Costellos on a night out than Bakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Whats d entry fee for angel lane and icon gonna be I wonder? around 15 Euro I suppose?? E20 for Trinners is a joke ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Berty wrote: »
    Not where Im going NYE. http://www.velvetroom.ie/

Reserved table for 4. €12 each. Separate Cloak Room & Table Service.

Find that in Limerick....................

Velvets is nice if you're into nightclubs. Do you know Sligo well? Might I recommend pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Sin Bin - €15 - free before 7.30pm
    Flannerys - €12 - free before 8pm
    Aubars - €15
    The Bailey - €15
    Nancy Blakes - €25 :eek:
    Icon - €8 before 8pm, €10 before 10pm, €15 after 10pm
    Trinity Rooms - €15

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

went to the locke last year and it was empty, had our drinks there, then headed back for a house party after countdown. Very comfortable and easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Whats d entry fee for angel lane and icon gonna be I wonder? around 15 Euro I suppose?? E20 for Trinners is a joke ffs!!!

angel lane will prob be closer to 25 new years i'd say trinity at 20 will be cheapest. i for one wont be out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

angel lane are doing 200 free guestlist places but you have to email them/or write to them on facebook before the night then its 10 euro before 10.30 and 20 euro after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

trinity is 15 and angel lane is 20, i dunno how much icon is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Sin Bin - €15 - free before 7.30pm
    Flannerys - €12 - free before 8pm
    Aubars - €15
    The Bailey - €15
    Nancy Blakes - €25 :eek:
    Icon - €8 before 8pm, €10 before 10pm, €15 after 10pm
    Trinity Rooms - €15

great find mate.

a note on nancys though. they are serving food with that 25 quid and it wont be as packed as normal. i dont know exactly what kinda food or whatever else is going on there if anyone knows??

icon usually hands you the cheap glass of champaign(sparkling wine) as you walk in the door.
    trinity is usually the same.

anyone know whats happening in the other places

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Elbi wrote: »
    J90 are playing in smyths.. they are a great band but smyths can be kinda young.. think its 10 to get in after 10pm

J90 on at 8pm..... then DJ downstairs and Icon etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bloody heck I must be getting Old! have not been out and about clubbing in a while favouring drinking at home with friends etc.

15-20 Bucks entry fee, at least a tenner back and forth taxi,
    and nearly a fiver a pint! not counting if you get hit with
    buying a round and food afterwards seems a very very expensive night out!
    (if I was a randy teenager on the pull It would probably be worth it! but now that I am older and nicely settled
    it just seem's like a waste of money and hassle)

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

my plans for tonight are to meet the family in a prpoer pub tonight where i can get decent pints and not have to pay to get in. not giving my cash to the icon or trooms or any other overcharging club(and thats not talking about overcharging on new years):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just back from Costello's, €10 in with finger food. Great night was had. Happy new year all.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement