Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

91.3 fm

Options
  • 27-12-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

anyone know what this is? just stumbled across it there, playing some nice house:)

what we need is a fully fledged electronic music radio station, the indie cindies got phantom, so its time for a dance radio station IMO. not just the odd slot on SPIN 1038 or whatever. unless im wrong and ive stumbled across what is a dance station. i know radio na life do a jungle/dnb slot on wednesdays, but imo we need it all together in one place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    anyone know what this is? just stumbled across it there, playing some nice house:)

what we need is a fully fledged electronic music radio station, the indie cindies got phantom, so its time for a dance radio station IMO. not just the odd slot on SPIN 1038 or whatever. unless im wrong and ive stumbled across what is a dance station. i know radio na life do a jungle/dnb slot on wednesdays, but imo we need it all together in one place

Where abouts did you hear it? Could be a local pirate?

I doubt Ireland will ever see a fully fledged dance station. The money and listenership isn't there even on a nationwide basis. Maybe an Internet radio station but not on the AirWaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

ehh.. 91.3? That'd be 2FM from Kippure in the Wicklow mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

ironclaw wrote: »
    Where abouts did you hear it? Could be a local pirate?

I doubt Ireland will ever see a fully fledged dance station. The money and listenership isn't there even on a nationwide basis. Maybe an Internet radio station but not on the AirWaves.

i live in killiney so it could well be just a dublin pirate,i dunno? was pretty good though. i know a national station is beyond reality but i would love a dublin based one. a man can dream though

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

got the name of it-white noise radio. anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Plumpynutt wrote: »

Bring back Power FM. They got a licence for 10 weeks earlier on in the year. Would love to see it back permanently. Raidio na life is pretty good particularly on Friday nights, especially after midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah power fm was very good, all round a solid station.

bring back nova, thats what i say! although play fm can be good at times but they're kinda always on and off the airwaves and always on the netwaves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

holton wrote: »
    Bring back Power FM. They got a licence for 10 weeks earlier on in the year. Would love to see it back permanently. Raidio na life is pretty good particularly on Friday nights, especially after midnight.

I know its kind of inconvenient but we are still online, 24/7....

http://www.powerfm.org/

If only car radios had DAB!!!

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was in the car with my mate the other day and he tuned into this weird radio station, could well have been pirate, but it was playing some properly old skool stuff - quite literally like a 1990's timewarp. Even the Dj's viceovers and ads were totally old skool. No idea what it was but it was mad funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Ice radio on 107.9 play a load of classics..Speaking of Electronic dance music 24/7
    listen to
    www.rte.ie/pulse

:)

As fieldog said pity feck all cars have DAB..yet!!!!!

Advertisement