Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first mix - feedback please

Options
  • 26-12-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Hey, I put this in the members' mixes thread too, but that thread doesn't get a lot of feedback, and I want to get some advice before I do another, so I thought I'd start a thread asking for some.

I'm awaiting a proper midi controller, so it's done using a Behringer DJX750, an Audio 2 DJ, and keyboard MIDI mappings, which isn't ideal, but isn't too far off what it will be like with the MIDI controller.

It's mainly electro-house, which I realise isn't everyone here's cup of tea, but even so, give it a listen (it's only 25 minutes odd) and any feedback would be mucho appreciated.

P.S this isn't a plug or blowing my own trumpet of any sort, I'm just looking to improve on whatever I can.

http://ul.to/4x5zeg

Tracklist:

Animal Collective - Brothersport
    Mystery Jets - Half In Love With Elizabeth (Popof Remix)
    Brodinski - Eurostarr (Nic Sarno Remake)
    Boris Dlugosch - Bangkok
    Proxy - Raven (Crookers Remix)
    Sidney Sampson - Riverside
    N.A.S.A - Gifted (Steve Aoki Remix)
    Bloody Beetroots - Warp 1.9
    Muse - Knights of Cydonia (Feed Me Remix)
    Major Lazer - Pon De Floor
    Silvio Ecomo & Chuckie - Moombah (Afrojack Remix)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I liked it when I first listened to it. I'll be listening to it again in detail and I'll post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Downloading now, I love brothersport :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

gave it a listen, its really not my cup of tea. however your mixing was fairly spot on for most and track selction was good. i just didnt like any of the songs at all.

different strokes, for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Táck wrote: »
    gave it a listen, its really not my cup of tea. however your mixing was fairly spot on for most and track selction was good. i just didnt like any of the songs at all.

Cheers, I realise most on here aren't into this side of things, but was hoping people would listen to it for the mixing anyway, which you did. Cheers. I'll throw a deeper more house/minimal on the back of the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah i've been listening to a lot more techno now so il gladly dl it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Kipling

Táck wrote: »

the track selection was good but you didnt like any of the songs at all? dosent make sense lol

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Kipling wrote: »
    the track selection was good but you didnt like any of the songs at all? dosent make sense lol

It does make sense, as a DJ you don't have to like the tracks to know whether they fit together or not in a set.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sorry I did download but forgot to listen to it, will give it a whirl and let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just downloaded there... nice mix, have a good few of the tracks in it! Being really nit-picking there are one or two mixes a bit off like between Sidney Sampson - Riverside & N.A.S.A - Gifted (Steve Aoki Remix) but it ain't off by much, very good besides that! You know your loops and phrasing which is good. All I would say is don't make any excuses for mess-ups or equipment issues unless very noticable as, in my experience, most wouldn't notice otherwise but will then be on the lookout as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

Liked it a lot mate, class track selection was a good start! Loving Bangkok at the moment myself. Look forward to hearing a few more mixes from you. Keep it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Jev/N wrote: »
    Just downloaded there... nice mix, have a good few of the tracks in it! Being really nit-picking there are one or two mixes a bit off like between Sidney Sampson - Riverside & N.A.S.A - Gifted (Steve Aoki Remix) but it ain't off by much, very good besides that! You know your loops and phrasing which is good. All I would say is don't make any excuses for mess-ups or equipment issues unless very noticable as, in my experience, most wouldn't notice otherwise but will then be on the lookout as a result!
    Liked it a lot mate, class track selection was a good start! Loving Bangkok at the moment myself. Look forward to hearing a few more mixes from you. Keep it up!

Cheers, appreciate in lads. I've been busy over the holidays, but I'm working on a deeper more housey mix at the minute, should have it up by the end of the week hopefully.

Advertisement