Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icy roads

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭PaddyThai

Video not embedded properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

should work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I came under the train bridge on the Montpelier road out of Castleconnel and nearly lost it on the corner. There was no ice or frost in sight for miles but that corner(being so enclosed) nearly took me out.

The bog road then from Dalys Cross to Newport is just a disaster, not along being in bad need is repair, but covered in a sheet of ice.

The road was so quiet so I stopped the car and turned of the ESP and tried to start moving the car again. I managed to get into 3rd gear before the car started to grip. Mad :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

The bye roads in east clare are deadly, my daughter is at work, just rang her not to attempt bringing her car home., her brother is gone to collect her in the 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

should work now.

I still don't know how to embed videos. Wonder if it would be useful for others to put steps on board as a sticky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Berty wrote: »
    The bog road then from Dalys Cross to Newport is just a disaster, not along being in bad need is repair, but covered in a sheet of ice.

That road is awful in the middle of "summer".

Drove from Murroe into town about 6ish and the roads between Murroe and Ketts cross (about half way) were getting bad at that stage.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Was working all around Doon, Murroe, Cappamore, Oola and Pallas tonight :(

Woeful.

Feel sick from all the shocks I had tonight.

Some people shouldn't be allowed out!

Was going from Pallas to Old Pallas earlier, gob****e on my tail all the way up the hill, he decides to finally pass me (on a continuous white) just going into Old Pallas, he skidded going past me veered across the road, narrowly avoiding a parked car then skidded back across the road and almost into the ditch.

I stopped the car to see if he was ok and got a mouthful of abuse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I still don't know how to embed videos. Wonder if it would be useful for others to put steps on board as a sticky

its simple really

the URL to the video will have an equals sign in it. copy everything after the equals sigh.

when adding the video toyour post. you will find a youtube button on the row of buttons above where you type your post.

when you click it you will see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Roads around the city are fair bad at the moment. Rode my Burgman scoot home from work at 2.30am, Careys Road, Parnell Street, the Ennis Road and Mayorstone are ice rinks. Back on at 10.30am, I'll be getting a bus or cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

mud wrote: »

Woeful.

Was going from Pallas to Old Pallas earlier, gob****e on my tail all the way up the hill, he decides to finally pass me (on a continuous white) just going into Old Pallas, he skidded going past me veered across the road, narrowly avoiding a parked car then skidded back across the road and almost into the ditch.

I've been really impressed by the amount of Tailgaters who have upped their game since the icy weather began......

These People really are out there showing Society that they are absolute and utter Morons.

- Pity you didn't get their details and report them for dangerous driving Mud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I didnt find the roads around the City too bad at about half 7 this morning.

Raiser wrote: »
    I've been really impressed by the amount of Tailgaters who have upped their game since the icy weather began......

These People really are out there showing Society that they are absolute and utter Morons.

- Pity you didn't get their details and report them for dangerous driving Mud.

Believe it or not I was so on edge all evening that it didn't occur to me until I'd driven on.

On a side note, I was fairly disgusted also by the amount of people who were telling me how long it "should" take me to deliver grub to them. These people then answered the door in their pyjamas not having been outside the forking door all night :mad:

At least I'm not workin' again til Wednesday, hope it won't be another case of 'Limerick on ice'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Woeful.

Believe it or not I was so on edge all evening that it didn't occur to me until I'd driven on.

On a side note, I was fairly disgusted also by the amount of people who were telling me how long it "should" take me to deliver grub to them. These people then answered the door in their pyjamas not having been outside the forking door all night :mad:

At least I'm not workin' again til Wednesday, hope it won't be another case of 'Limerick on ice'

Is it your own car?

- If so you're taking on a fair risk to your own car and personal safety covering that mileage in those conditions....... Have heard so many times in the media of Gardaí, AA Roadwatch etc. advising people not to be on the roads in those conditions.

I bet you are hitting the worst roads seeing as you prob. have to navigate all the crappy back roads too?

Call in sick if Wed. is very icy, why risk it?

- Let your Boss cancel deliveries or else learn to take a few risks himself......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Who do you work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

pullled someone out this morning with jeep who lost it on icy patch out by pallas,on monday early hours about 5.30.2 taxis outside anncotty industrail on each side of road ,mounted the ditch ,one had a fair bit of front end damage,

Raiser wrote: »
    Is it your own car?

- If so you're taking on a fair risk to your own car and personal safety covering that mileage in those conditions....... Have heard so many times in the media of Gardaí, AA Roadwatch etc. advising people not to be on the roads in those conditions.

I bet you are hitting the worst roads seeing as you prob. have to navigate all the crappy back roads too?

Call in sick if Wed. is very icy, why risk it?

- Let your Boss cancel deliveries or else learn to take a few risks himself......

Well, I had a lovely flat tyre when I went out this morning.

Unfortunately I had to work last night, I'm a first year mature student with a load of debt from my 'former' life. Last night was (hopefully) the worst night I've ever had to work. I know I was taking a risk but that's the joys of casual work, you either do it or someone else does, haven't seen hide nor hair of my student grant s it would be absolutely devestating if I lost that job.
    jackncoke wrote: »
    Who do you work for?

A chinese takeaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Is it the one in Pallas ??wok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Is it the one in Pallas ??wok?
    hot chilli
    good chinese grub there

Advertisement