Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMEGENCY HELP NEEDED PLEASE..

Options
  • 26-12-2009 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi..
    My name is Faddy..I just got a tattoo a couple of hours ago (THIS IS MY FIRST TATTOO) and i am not satisfied with the after care instructions from the tattoo artist..moreover there is blood coming out of the the plastic wrap he putt..i called him but he says thats normal..he says just wipe it and put the Bepanthan cream...

I also read online that a new tattoo should never be covered with plastic wrap and should be covered by a bandage dressing..
    Please help me and tell me proper after care instructions..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

did you get your tattoo done by a tattooist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 questor282

Why are you not satisfied with the aftercare instructions, it sounds as if you have got the standard advice that has been given to THOUSANDS of people who have had tattoos (myself included).

Stick with the plastic wrap, put on the cream, and wipe any blood that comes out. The blood should simply be oozing, if it is pouring out then I suggest you get medical advice immediately.

Also if it is a particularly nice tattoo, wait until its healed and then post us a nice picture.

DRQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

faddy wrote: »
    Hi..
    My name is Faddy..I just got a tattoo a couple of hours ago (THIS IS MY FIRST TATTOO) and i am not satisfied with the after care instructions from the tattoo artist..moreover there is blood coming out of the the plastic wrap he putt..i called him but he says thats normal..he says just wipe it and put the Bepanthan cream...

I also read online that a new tattoo should never be covered with plastic wrap and should be covered by a bandage dressing..
    Please help me and tell me proper after care instructions..

Do yourself a favour, don't second guess the tattooist and wind your self up or no reason.

The blood IS perfectly normal.

There are a number of schools of thought on how a tattoo should be looked after, but you should not mix and match the different approaches if this is you first tattoo.

Where were you tattooed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 faddy

Thank you dingdong1 & questor282 for your replies..

To dingdong1 : Yeah he is a professional tattoo artist

To questor282 : Yeah the blood was simply oozing out but now it has stopped ..I got the tattoo like 3 hours ago ..is it normal for the blood to ooze out ?
    Also i called the tattoo artist he said that do not take out plastic wrap till tomorrow morning and only then clean and apply the cream..is that correct advice..? and should i put back the wrap tomorrow after cleaning and applying balm ?

"Sorry i do not mean to undermine anyone here including the tattoo artist..it's just that i tend to get nervous very soon about everything"

hot2def wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour, don't second guess the tattooist and wind your self up or no reason.

The blood IS perfectly normal.

There are a number of schools of thought on how a tattoo should be looked after, but you should not mix and match the different approaches if this is you first tattoo.

Where were you tattooed?

Thank you hot2def for your reply..Actually i am too confused as which method to have for proper healing ..my tattoo artist says just keep the wrap until tomorrow morning and then take off and clean and apply bepanthen 4 times daily..
    I also am flying to dubai after 8 days ..its a pretty long flight (14hours)..will that affect anyhow the tattoo..

I got my tattoo from D1 ink art in dublin 1 near to o'connel street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

I usually have the plastic wrap on for a few days, for my big leg ones it has been upto 4 days, but I really would like you to take the advice of YOUR tattoo artist, he knows what he is talking about.

As for flying, no prob. Flew within 24 hours of having the last one so its not a big problem particularly as its 8 days away.

Faddy,

As for the blood oozing out, yeah thats totally normal. Think what the guy just did to you, he just took a shed load of needles and punctured your skin many many times :).

What did you get ?

thank you ding dong1 and questor282 for helping me outt.. i was really starting to freak outt..

To questor282 : Actually yeah the oozing makes sense now that you have explained the whole tattoo process..sorry i did not educate myself enough before getting one..

I got a "Route 666" tattoo on my back ..its based on the U.S Route 666 which was renumbered to U.S Route 491 in 2003..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You mean Route 66 I hope

ah cheers clown bag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Will wrote: »
    You mean Route 66 I hope
    Route 666

As for plastic wrap (cling film). I've done the wash - re-wrap, wash -re-wrap etc for days and wrapping at night too.

I've also done the low maintenance approach and I find it's best to take the cling off a few hours after getting the tatt. Give it a clean and wrap on the first night. After that, I don't use cling at all, just washing and using bepantine as needed. Don't use sudo cream or anything else, just bepantine and some liquid hand wash gel soap for cleaning.

I find it heals better the more you allow it to breathe. This means not having it wrapped and making sure you don't over do the bep, but keep applying only to prevent it drying out. On the tatts I did use cling film too much they didn't heal as good and needed touching up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

do what your tattooist told you to do. if you feel they were good enough to allow to tattoo you, then trust that they are good enough to tell you how to look after it.

do not ask friends or the internet (even inernet fora...), it is a terrible idea

Advertisement