Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurve size

Options
  • 26-12-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

I'm picking up my first bow soon, a Recurve. I am just a bit confused regard to the size i need.

I did the draw length test and mine is 24'. I was considering getting the Winstar II 25' riser and then the the KAP winstorm carbon limbs at 66' 28#.

Would you guys recommend this size? i went for the 66' as im not that tall, only 5'9 and for my small draw length. And is the 28# okay for a starting weight?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Cryo wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm picking up my first bow soon, a Recurve. I am just a bit confused regard to the size i need.

I did the draw length test and mine is 24'. I was considering getting the Winstar II 25' riser and then the the KAP winstorm carbon limbs at 66' 28#.

Would you guys recommend this size? i went for the 66' as im not that tall, only 5'9 and for my small draw length. And is the 28# okay for a starting weight?

There are some rough guidelines with regards bow sizes, what you have mentioned is more than likely going to be okay to start. At 24" you will maybe only pull 22-24lbs so that is okay for a beginner. As for the length of the bow it more depends on the angles that the string will make to your face and chest rather than your draw length. A longer bow will have a more acute angle and will result in the string being flatter on your face. Really you need not worry. Certain well endowed women may need to use a shorter bows to avoid obstructions though. However it is better to get a coach to take a look at you and see what they would recommend.

Ian.

Advertisement