Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Journal Quiz

Options
  • 25-12-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We're doing the Farmers Journal Know Your Sport quiz. We've got most of them at this stage but this one really has us.

Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly, ...

Any ideas???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seems like a division from NHL. So Tipp is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Mushy wrote: »
    Seems like a division from NHL. So Tipp is my guess.

yea same here.. Would have said Tipp myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Cork maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭francish

Please help with question below, it's driving me and my family crazy.

Here’s the trick question: In 2001, a player won an All Ireland senior title. In 2002 a different player with the same name also won an All Ireland senior title. One football, one hurling. Two different counties. Name the “two” players.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

John Power (Kilkenny) and Sean Og de Paor (Galway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gcarty

Can anyone help with question 12? It has been driving me mad for the last few days! "Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly.."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

gcarty wrote: »
    Can anyone help with question 12? It has been driving me mad for the last few days! "Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly.."

It's been answered above. Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

In the decade just past, Kilkenny won seven Leinster minor hurling titles, but which Leinster county is second on “noughties” roll of honour with two titles?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have been racking my brains all week thinking of the answer. I thought it might be Dublin, but I'm not sure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Kojak wrote: »
    In the decade just past, Kilkenny won seven Leinster minor hurling titles, but which Leinster county is second on “noughties” roll of honour with two titles?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have been racking my brains all week thinking of the answer. I thought it might be Dublin, but I'm not sure :confused:

Yeah, Dublin won it in 2005 (for the first time in 22 years) and again in 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bear.Tipp

yea same here.. Would have said Tipp myself.
    I'm not sure of its Tipp, division 1 of the NHL has Cork & Tipp along with the teams mentioned in the question, what do you reckon the list of teams is from??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Scrunchie

An Citeog wrote: »

Why Tipperary ?.........What about Cork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The OP is a legend. He is a guy who keeps trying to get onto various reality shows. I have a few mates who went drinking with him once, say he is a great guy.

Can anyhone help me with correct answers to the following Questions:P
    10 Which county had the lowest scoring total in an AI Senior hurling final ?
    I have TWO answers:Kilkenny 1937 - 3pts and Laois 1949 - 3 pts
    Help !

12 Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly.
    I have seen Tipp posted as the missing team.....but why? Could Cork not be included too ? Or am I on the wrong track altogether.
    Help !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bear.Tipp

Scrunchie wrote: »
    Can anyhone help me with correct answers to the following Questions:P
    10 Which county had the lowest scoring total in an AI Senior hurling final ?
    I have TWO answers:Kilkenny 1937 - 3pts and Laois 1949 - 3 pts
    Help !

12 Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly.
    I have seen Tipp posted as the missing team.....but why? Could Cork not be included too ? Or am I on the wrong track altogether.
    Help !

Hi,
    Q10 says "Which county had the lowest scoring total in an AI Senior hurling final during the '90s?"
    I think thats Kilkenny with 12pts in 1999

Not sure of the ans to Q12, I'd be thinkin like you that there should be 2 teams to complete the division 1 list.

Bear

Thanks, Bear
    Got the "nineties" wrong - stupid me - took it to be the 1900 to 1999 and not 1990 to 1999.
    Still don't know what to do about Question 12

AND there's another Farmers Journal Country Living Sports Quiz today - more escapism !!
    Scrunchie

An Citeog wrote: »
    Why do you think that Tipperary is the correct answer to Question 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

We're doing the Farmers Journal Know Your Sport quiz. We've got most of them at this stage but this one really has us.

Name the missing league team Kilkenny, Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Limerick, Offaly, ...

Any ideas???

Would this be a sequence of NHL winning counties from 19-- to 19-- ?

Advertisement