Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice photos

Options
  • 25-12-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure there are some good photos around.

This is Claddagh Basin, at about 3:30pm on Christmas Eve:

RIMG0396.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

1.jpg

From last Sunday out in Menlo village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

4211712918_321c9bf253_b.jpg

4210945859_8c756a442b.jpg

4210935527_c716d17319_b.jpg

4210939499_a8fdec2b3a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Fantastic shots guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moimeme24

amazing shots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Nice pics.

majiktripp - you were hardly taking pics, on the salmon weir bridge (on the woodquay side) yesterday (xmas eve) were you? One particular picture, facing towards the Cathedral but the camera was aimed more at the trees upstream of the bridge, but facing the Cathedral?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Great pics guys.Love the shot of the Cathedral majiktripp

JohnCleary wrote: »
    majiktripp - you were hardly taking pics, on the salmon weir bridge (on the woodquay side) yesterday (xmas eve) were you? One particular picture, facing towards the Cathedral but the camera was aimed more at the trees upstream of the bridge, but facing the Cathedral?

I was there yesterday alright around 3:45pm-ish, was in a puff jacket loaded with a camera bag, and lens case on other side. Could have been me you saw but there was another bloke hovering around taking pics too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

These are stunning. Congrats all. Must be very proud :)

majiktripp wrote: »
    I was there yesterday alright around 3:45pm-ish, was in a puff jacket loaded with a camera bag, and lens case on other side. Could have been me you saw but there was another bloke hovering around taking pics too I think.

Me? I passed through the area about that time.

• Advertisement

Fenster wrote: »
    Me? I passed through the area about that time.

Possibly! Had a red hat on I believe and looked like a canon camera he was using... is that... you?

majiktripp wrote: »
    Possibly! Had a red hat on I believe and looked like a canon camera he was using... is that... you?

I had a black hat, but I was using a Canon. Bearded and grumpy-looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Love these pictures! Well done for heading out and braving the ice folks.

Could have been black, I did nearly collide with said individual as I tried to cross the main road at the town hall side of the Salmon Weir bridge. Must try and get out again and take a few more at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

The chap I passed on the Salmon Weir Bridge, as far as I can remember... WAS wearing a black puffy jacket and a black (sure arent they all!) camera. This person was resting the camera on the ledge of the bridge when I passed him, as he was taking pics of the trees just upstream of the bridge on the Cathedral side (camera almost facing Cathedral but upstream of it slightly)

Definitely wasn't me then. While I did pass that way, I didn't take any photos of the cathedral as it already seemed well-covered by other locals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

GteatTHreat shots Fenster. Very moody, the first 3 are like a poster ad for some dark and sinister film or something

:D

Advertisement