Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus Piercing

Options
  • 25-12-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to heal fully?
    I got it done about 3 weeks ago, it's not sore during the day, but at night I cant sleep on it, it's too awkward, will this eventually go away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i got mine done about 3 months ago and it can still be painfull from time to time i hear it takes a year to heal fully

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭cb123

i got mine done about 4 years ago, it took about 2 yrs to heal but tbh i didnt look after it the best, its healed now, but i do find it gets sore if im sick or run down....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I got mine done at the start of last year. It took about 6/7 months to heal absoulutley fully. Just don't aggrivate it, clean hands etc. gl :)

[edit] turns out I was totally off when I checked back as to when I got it. Fixed now :D [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I got mine done about seven years ago and it healed within about three or four months. It depends on what you do with that ear- I sleep on that side so it was kinda sore in the mornings and obviously stayed a bit crusty cos of the amount of heat on it during the night!
    Now, any of the piercings I have on my "phone" ear took way longer to heal. I reckon that's cos of the heat and frequency of the ear being covered up by my phone! And the bacteria it was exposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Got mine done last year sometime, and it still gets sore now and then but no major problems with it :) healed properly I'd say within three months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Hi I got mine this time last year and it healed in about 3 months, maybe a teeny bit longer cos I kept touching it.

This was roughly in line with what they told me in the piercers.

Have fun wondering what the tapping sound is every time you make a phone call :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I used to have a bar for mine that had a gem in the ball bit. It was a pain in the ass cos it scratched up the screen of my phone pretty badly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

Hi!

I got my tragus done in Body Piercing Studio in Crown Ally in August, it bothered me for a while and got a I got a keloid at the back of it (this was totally my fault as I was stupidly touching it - a lot). I went back into the studio to ask for some advice as I was worried about the keloid which wouldn't go away even though I was cleaning with hot water and salt and stopped touching the piercing, and they told me to dissolve an asprin in a small bit of water every now and then and put that on it and it really did the trick. It stopped bothering me after a few days. By the end of November it stopped bothering me and I don't feel any discomfort at all anymore. So... for me it took four months, it probably would have been much quicker if I wasn't touching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 subzerorepair

You'll get use to it after a month. If it is your first piercing, it really feel awkward, but eventually you'll be used to it.

Advertisement