Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 questions

Options
  • 24-12-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

I recently acquired a 2008 Peugeot 407 HDI Solaire, but the owners manual is missing.....I have 2 questions...

1. I notice that there is a power switch on the rear view mirror panel, with a green light when powered on. What does this do? What is it for?

2. The CD/Radio system says MP3 on it - how does one connect an MP3 player?

Many thanks for any response!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the green light is for the electrochromatic rear mirror. you can switch it off if you need to use the mirror for reversing at night.

The MP3 means it will read discs with tracks saved as MP3 files.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep,

1. The power switch for the automatic dipping rear view mirror. The rear view mirror automatically darkens at night when the headlights from a car behind you shines on it.

2. MP3 reader meaning you can burn your mp3 music straight onto a blank cd and the stereo should be able to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good answer bazz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

How do you find the 407?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭WicklowRover

Many thanks for the replies - all makes perfect sense now!

I find the 407 a nice car to drive, previously I had a Mondeo, which didn't have as many features. My only criticism is the number of switches in the central console - far too many, in my opinion. The climate control switches could easily be reduced, and separated from the audio controls.

Otherwise a fine car.

Happy Christmas to you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Theres plenty of info on the 407's here.....:)
    http://www.407owners.com/forums
    Have a great Christmas...:)
    Ron.

Advertisement