Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Caught on Tape Riding School ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

It could easily be pareidolia, especially since its a once off. Now if it kept cropping up in other peoples videos etc etc from different angles then they might be on to something, but otherwise I couldnt class it as fake, as its real (as in you can see it) but its not paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I wouldnt be quick to say it isnt paranormal without checking it out myself. Could be many things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Grimes wrote: »
    I wouldnt be quick to say it is paranormal without checking it out myself. Could be many things.

there - fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

iamhunted wrote: »
    there - fixed that for you.

It could be either?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Luke Kelly

I can't say for sure if this is real or not but in defence of the couple in the video the camera is old and they don't look like the type to mess with the footage .

Was film and photo corruption around back then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Luke Kelly wrote: »
    I can't say for sure if this is real or not but in defence of the couple in the video the camera is old and they don't look like the type to mess with the footage .

Was film and photo corruption around back then ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_fairies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Luke Kelly

leddpipe wrote: »

I guess it could be fake or just an innocent passer by who is an admirer of horses .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It's not fake because iv seen this footage a number of times now and it was filmed some time ago. That's not to say it can't be faked but it's a very interesting peice of footage.

I think with regards to the pareidolia thing mentioned above, that might be the case but the problem with that is it does show up twice. The apparent head and then the back of it. Till this day, no one can explain what it was and how it got onto the video. It's the exact same thing with that ryhman ghost photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

When I read the thread title I was expecting to see a ghost 'riding a school'....or something...:confused:

It's prob a tesco bag stuck in the tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

It's not fake because iv seen this footage a number of times now and it was filmed some time ago.

I dont see how this proves it to be real or fake.
    The apparent head and then the back of it. Till this day, no one can explain what it was and how it got onto the video. It's the exact same thing with that ryhman ghost photo

I think this is just a trick of the light as there appear to many white spots along the row of trees and when its 'back is to the camera' it is much lower than when it's 'facing the camera'(its at the horses feet then it is above the horses head). It does look like a head but its not paranormal in my opinion.

Bajingo wrote: »
    I dont see how this proves it to be real or fake.

I think this is just a trick of the light as there appear to many white spots along the row of trees and when its 'back is to the camera' it is much lower than when it's 'facing the camera'(its at the horses feet then it is above the horses head). It does look like a head but its not paranormal in my opinion.
    Fair enough but it is very interesting. It could be an apparation. I'd love if it was lol.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Fair enough but it is very interesting. It could be an apparation. I'd love if it was lol.:)

Me too i'd love it to be real but for me personally it's evidence like this (that's easily discredited imo) that makes this area of research somewhat laughed at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

What are they claiming?

There's a person in the background of the film, although they claim there was no one there.

At the time of the filming they were concentrating on riding and not what was outside the fence.

It's been proven in psychological studies, such as the man dressed in the gorilla suit walking past an observer unseen, that such is possible to go unnoticed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

What a load of horsesh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

As mentioned, could be a plastic bag or something similar, and it happened to look like a face from a particular angle, like this:

face.jpg

Or, as was also mentioned, there could have been a curious passer-by that went unnoticed at the time since they were concentrating on the person on the horse, like this:

Both explanations sound more plausible than something paranormal that is only supported by anecdotal evidence and ambiguous photos/videos, wouldn't you agree?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The quality of the clip is poor. Didn't look like a ghost to me

smcgiff wrote: »
    What are they claiming?

There's a person in the background of the film, although they claim there was no one there.

At the time of the filming they were concentrating on riding and not what was outside the fence.

It's been proven in psychological studies, such as the man dressed in the gorilla suit walking past an observer unseen, that such is possible to go unnoticed.

I agree to a certain extent but i think in that sort of environment you would kind of notice if some one was right next to the riders just a little bit near the bushes.

Advertisement