Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 3rd Annual BGRH Awards Ceremony - Presenting The Bellies 2009

Options
  • 23-12-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies, gentlemen, hermaphrodites and DenMan.

It is my distinct pleasure to bring to you the highlight of the BGRH social calendar - the 2009 Bellies. The great and the good, and a lot of rabble it must be said, have been voting to see who'll walk away tonight with one of these....em.....things.

BU040_c.jpg

So, without further ado here are the winners:

Thread of the Year

A thread so epic that surely it's only a matter of time before it's revived - Guess the Boobage

Mod of the Year

He may have received no nominations for Brother of the Year, but retaining his title as Mod of the Year has to be more than mere consolation. Give it up for - Brother trout

Event of the Year

They came. They saw. They consumed vast quantities of pork and beer. It can only be - BGRH Goes to Dusseldorf

Non-BGRH Poster of the Year

Fortunately his appearance in The Cellar came too late for him to be considered a BGRH regular, so congratulations to - Honorary Brother Dr. Bollocko

Brotherette of the Year

What's better than a Brotherette? Two Brotherettes obviously. Another winner from last year has retained her title, however this year she has to share it. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you - Brotherette Lucy Lu and Brotherette janeybabe

And now the most prestigious award of the evening, Brother of the Year

Brother smashey left big shoes to fill this year. So big in fact, that we've given two brothers one each. For the first time ever the voting couldn't separate the winners, so congratulations to - Brother Tom Dunne and Brother Old Goat

There is also one additional award that is within the remit of the special jury, who have decided that again this year there is a Brother worthy of it. This award recognises a man who had an epiphany in 2009, and was not afraid to share it with his fellow brothers. This is a Brother who, having consumed a mountain of pork knuckle in Dusseldorf turned over the bone only to find another mountain of pork, and then did the only thing a Brother could do - he cried tears of joy. In public. What greater love for pork hath a man than he who weeps for its wondrous bounty? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the second recipient of the BGRH Lunchtime Achievement Award - THE RECLINER.

Thank you for your nominations and votes, and I'm sure you'll all join me in congratulating our winners tonight. Commiserations to those who weren't so lucky. And to Brother smashey, who was disqualified for nominating himself, all I can say is

nelson_muntz_ha_ha.jpg

Thank you and goodnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Zaph wrote: »
    And now the most prestigious award of the evening, Brother of the Year

Brother smashey left big shoes to fill this year. So big in fact, that we've given two brothers one each. For the first time ever the voting couldn't separate the winners, so congratulations to - Brother Tom Dunne and Brother Old Goat
    Bahahahahahahaha. Those two could combined could never be my equal. My legacy is permanent.

Zaph wrote: »
    And to Brother smashey, who was disqualified for nominating himself, all I can say is

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg
    Listen Sister Zaphora, I'm a big boy now and can recognise a stitch-up when I see it. I was kept away from the nominations so as not to run away with the title again and in the process making you all feel inferior again.

But, noble gent that I am, I congratulate all the winners even though Cath should have won Brotherette of the year. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

smashey wrote: »
    But, noble gent that I am, I congratulate all the winners even though Cath should have won Brotherette of the year. :p

After all our alone time in the snug this year, this is how you repay me! :(

I am gravely upset. :(:(

However, I will put my sadness to one side for a moment to thank those who voted for me. I am told that my prize is Brother Zaph. However, I will be declining that prize. I am most happy that I am side-by-side with Lucy Lu and on top of Cath. :cool:

*resumes sadness*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

janeybabe wrote: »
    I am most happy that I am side-by-side with Lucy Lu and on top of Cath. :cool:

Oh, to be the ham in that sammich :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am most happy that I am side-by-side with Lucy Lu and on top of Cath.

I'm going to be needing a carton of 200 cigarettes for this one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I am most happy that I am side-by-side with Lucy Lu and on top of Cath. :cool:

You know the rules

Pics or GTFO :D

*Thanks very much for the Lunchtime award, as I did last year I will once again strive to be worthy of it and aim for a Hat-Trick of Lunchtimes :D*

• Advertisement
Advertisement