Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariane's 30th Anniversary.

Options
  • 23-12-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

Just letting you know that tomorrow (December 24th) will be the 30th anniversary of the first launch of ESA's Ariane class rockets that allowed Europe to become a bigger and, more importantly, independent player in Space.
    One of the joys of our tax money I hope you'll agree. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Malty_T wrote: »
    Howdy folks,

Just letting you know that tomorrow (December 24th) will be the 30th anniversary of the first launch of ESA's Ariane class rockets that allowed Europe to become a bigger and, more importantly, independent player in Space.
    One of the joys of our tax money I hope you'll agree. :)

Really Malty Ariane is 30 years old?????
    If it were not for the Politics of it all I think Augustine should have considered it as a quick remedy to replace Ares-1.
    I believe with modifications Ariane V could even equal the proposed Ares-V.
    It was SES,s preferred launch vehicle for placing hugh payload satelites in Geo-sync giving us all the...........erm...........pleasure of 999 channels!:)

Next year Soyuz will launch from French Guinana as Ariane does now,using the same Launch control center!
    A case of the USA fiddling while Rome burns?
    The proposed Command module for Ares-1(Orion) was/is over 3 metres wide:eek:

Also ESA has put orders in for the next generation Soyuz already!Hmmmmmmmmm

Advertisement