Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas or Oil Heating?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Guys;

I did not know where to open this thread and opening here, we are on storage heating (which is very bad) right now and thinking to move Gas or oil central heating, can you please advise which one is better and likely cheaper? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

if better you mean better for the environment well then gas is deffo what your looking for. and i think its a tad bit cheaper... but with the budget i dont kno!! you should look into investing in renewable sources as they pay for them selves in a few yrs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Get a ber assesment and let them advise you.
    You might be suprised at what they come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LimerickDude

thanks all, i think i will go for gas some of my friends say gas bill is expensive around 300eur but that's too much i think shouldn't be that much but also depends on usage, for now we are on semi detached if we move to our own house will definitely think about renewable sources. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Get Gas... far more convenient than oil... and you can have a gas fire and cooker also.... oil in my opinion is f*cking ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

It can cost a lot more to get gas installed than oil - it depends on location, running pipes in etc. Modern oil boilers are quiet and clean. Both cost about the same to run, but you know where you stand with oil - you pay for a tank full and can monitor it. With gas you do not know what you have used until you get a big bill. If you get gas, beware of the gas fire - they cost a fortune to run.
    I would listen to your friends who have the experience with gas.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

for now we are on semi detached if we move to our own house will definitely think about renewable sources. Thanks

Are you thinking of installing heating in a house you are renting - that will cost a lot.
    Jim.

Advertisement