Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cortex HDTT-5000 - Anyone have one?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

As per the thread title, does anyone have a Cortex HDTT-5000? I was all set to buy a pair but having read a little deeper it seems Cortex (the parent company being Gemini) are slow to respond for support and the players themselves have problems.

However, it seems to be based on the AC supply (causing freezing and general unit loading problems) and many of the complaints come from America with is 60Hz and 120V. So I'd like to narrow this down before I take the €600 plunge.

Regards,

ironclaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I can't help you but after looking around youtube I must say they look pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I can't help you but after looking around youtube I must say they look pretty sweet.

They look really good and if they are half as good as they say they are then I'm sold. However, the company forum is awash with recent threads about hardware problems. It could just be a bad batch as many threads are 50:50, some say they are excellent others loath them

Ordering a set today. I'll post back when they arrive.

Right, got a set of these through from the States yesterday. Going to give them a spin and throw up an initial review in a week or so.

Advertisement