Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh! in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Unformedbobbie

Hi, the names Robbie. I'm from Kilkenny in Ireland and i'm looking to see if there's any Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments or even a get together of some players anywhere in the southeast. Please let me know if you have any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shynra

Oh no ! Limerick city isn't Dublin !!
    I'm so sad !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Go-Go-Gadget

Hi, the names Robbie. I'm from Kilkenny in Ireland and i'm looking to see if there's any Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments or even a get together of some players anywhere in the southeast. Please let me know if you have any info.

Hi Robbie, I am the Tournament Organiser for Dublin. I run weekly locals every Sunday in Costa Coffee on College Green, Dublin with the exception of this week as there is a sneak peek.

Event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/189011134529911/

Feel free to add me on Facebook and I'll add you to the invite list so you have details of all upcomming Yu-Gi-Oh events in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Hi there lads, I've been a Yu-Gi-Oh fan since I was a kid (only goin 15 ) but I stopped collecting around the Yu-Gi-Oh GX time since none of the people around me played any more :/ Good to see it still around ! :D So I was wonderin' is it popular ? Or at least have some players ? I'd try to get to the gathering some time and play if I can count on people to play with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Nightshad3

Hi guys, names James just recently moved to Tralee, anyone know of anyone who plays in the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Hey James im nearer Limerick unfortunately and im not involved with the scene but check out Dueling Network, its a site where you can build any decks you want and play against people online :D Its a bit manual but its good fun, my names recnib on it so add me and i'll try play with ya some time :)

Hi there

My tag on DN is Critical, if anyone wants a game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lfcbvb

Nightshad3 wrote: »
    Hi guys, names James just recently moved to Tralee, anyone know of anyone who plays in the area?

what age are you?
    im from tralee but im not an expert i lost interest after gx but i could probably get into it

Hi Im 34, have moved back to South Kerry, but I'm curious about the scene in Kerry in general

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cats98

hey, just wondering about the new rules and what people think of them? I remember when the cards first came out and you could have up to 3 monster reborns in a deck and now some tournament limit it to 1 or not at all, why is that when there are so many other forms of monster reborn - monster reincarnation etc that are just as effective??

also was wondering why your no longer allowed to have monsters attacking at different times during your active phase. eg was playing with a friend, called an attack by one of my monsters, he blocked it etc, then I decided to call another attack with another monster but he went mad saying I couldn't do that. I have the original rulebook which does allow it so are their new rule books out there? its been a while since I bought a 'new pack'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 HoIgUy234

Hey James. Im an avid player from the Listowel area and me and my buddies get together every now and then for a game. Im 16 but i play seriously well. If anyones up for a challenge let me know.

Cool dude, havent played in a while, but im planning on getting back into it, we could DN sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HoIgUy234

Sure. I only use cards i actually own ina couple of my decks. Im not massive into DN but ill give you a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Declan_de_Vito

Hey folks, Just rooted out my old deck, are there tournaments still going ? I was on adverts today and there are a lot of people selling cards on there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hey folks, Just rooted out my old deck, are there tournaments still going ? I was on adverts today and there are a lot of people selling cards on there :o

There are indeed, i still get invites on facebook to the ones in dublin.

Do you still play? I know a few people around nenagh who still play from time to time, they might be up for a few games?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    There are indeed, i still get invites on facebook to the ones in dublin.

Do you still play? I know a few people around nenagh who still play from time to time, they might be up for a few games?

Cool cool see im not into the new generation of cards I prefer the original decks. I havent played in a long time but I found my old cards I'd probably play a few games for the craic like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Cool cool see im not into the new generation of cards I prefer the original decks. I havent played in a long time but I found my old cards I'd probably play a few games for the craic like :)

you'd get destroyed tbh, new cards destroy old cards

Had a look online for the new cards, they look quite lame to be honest :L

Had a look online for the new cards, they look quite lame to be honest :L

Rplay against a delck of them. They would destroy any old deck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cools

is tournments near wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Davidude

Hey I was wondering what size group typically attends and is it vary varied or mainly one age group that play? Also, I saw the poster on page one said "feckinyugioh.co.nr (registration required)" do people need to pre register? feckinyugioh seams a bit dead, not the place to register.

Theres a YGO IRE group on facebook, most of the yugioh community are on there now, there are other regional groups as well, Cork has one

Nightshad3 wrote: »
    Theres a YGO IRE group on facebook, most of the yugioh community are on there now, there are other regional groups as well, Cork has one

when it comes to wicklow i say you'd have to travel, in kk we have players from carlow, wexford and waterford

Advertisement