Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pajero

Options
  • 23-12-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Well lads, whats the new type pajero like? Say 07 up-words. Thinking of getting one in the new year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

well have the older version, 3.2 LWB. +30mpg is doable in them. They are comfy yokes, but if you're going off road, they can be a bit low. I reckon they are good to tow a horse box anyway. The 07 ones are common rail.

I was talking to a lad in McHales in Rathcoole one day to a lad that had one. He reckoned that a Land cruiser was better to pull, but the pajero had better handling.

(his POV not mine)

All I'll say is shop around. There are some seriously good deals to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Depends what you're going to use it for. Give us a little more info?
    Is it primarily for towing, off roading, long distance cruiser or just general day to day use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Jonty wrote: »
    I was talking to a lad in McHales in Rathcoole one day to a lad that had one. He reckoned that a Land cruiser was better to pull, but the pajero had better handling.

Possibly because the LC has a ladder chassis and the Paj is Monocoque construction?
    Don't know why the TLC should tow any better though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Possibly because the LC has a ladder chassis and the Paj is Monocoque construction?
    Don't know why the TLC should tow any better though?

I suppose it comes down to which one has more torque?

I suppose it comes down to which one has more torque?

Could be that or gear ratios. plus the TLC is permanent 4wd not selectable like Paj.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Just day to day tipping around, be pulling the odd load of sticks thats about it.
    I have a land rover series 2a for off roading so dont need it for that.
    I know a lad with a 04 one and it broke his heart, so was wondering were the new ones more reliable?
    I'm not mad on the land cruiser.
    I think the inside is a poor finish compaired to the pajero and not a comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

greenpeter wrote: »
    I have a land rover series 2a for off roading

Up a wall ;)

Have heard guys complaining about the brakes on late Pajeros, some strange system that has a dislike to heavy trailors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jarrod2k

also the new pajero has independent suspension front and rear, waste of time if you want to carry a heavy load, not much better than a standard car!! stick to a landcruiser if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

greenpeter wrote: »
    I know a lad with a 04 one and it broke his heart, so was wondering were the new ones more reliable?

Tell us more. I'd like to know if there are any ticking time bombs I don't know about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Its blue;)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Could be that or gear ratios. plus the TLC is permanent 4wd not selectable like Paj.

Think your wrong on that one.

And the tlc is nowhere near the pajero in terms of towing capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

pajero12 wrote: »

Yep, it's half a ton less. That said - who decides this limit and is it a reflection of the vehicle's ablilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

Don't know about the spec of the pajero but can tell you that in Spain the same model has a different name as pajero is the Spanish word for w**ker!:p

pajero12 wrote: »

The TLC is permanent 4wd. The small lever only locks the centre diff and selects low range.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

The TLC is permanent 4wd. The small lever only locks the centre diff and selects low range.

Oh right sorry bout that so

Advertisement