Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STRICTLY RHYTHM EST.1989. 20 YEARS. REMIXED

Options
  • 23-12-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this, Strictly Rhythm is arguably the most influential House music label ever and is responsible for some of the best ever house music tunes.:)

STRICTLY RHYTHM EST.1989. 20 YEARS. REMIXED

Some say “Strictly invented the game”, others that “it is the label that started it all, 20 years ago.” How indeed does a label like Strictly celebrate its 20 years in the game?

With Strictly Rhythm’s 20th Birthday celebrations already underway, we’re announcing our most ambitious release project yet. We asked a selection of the world’s hottest house music producers, from Michel Cleis to Dirty South to Mark Knight to ATFC & Bob Sinclar, simply “what’s your Strictly Rhythm?”

To answer this question, we opened up the illustrious Strictly archive to each and here we present their answers, in the form of a series of brand new remixes of Strictly originals from the last 20 years. The project is Strictly Rhythm Est.1989. 20 years. Remixed.

From early August, we started unveiling the Strictly 20th birthday singles on a weekly basis. Containing all the new mixes, some rarities plus the original versions, we’re kicking off with River Ocean’s Love & Happiness (Part One) remixed by David Penn, followed by Love & Happiness (Part Two) including a mix from Michel Cleis, then Armand Van Helden’s Witch Doktor, Sole Fusion’s Bass Tone and Wamdue Project’s King Of My Castle with new versions of each. We’ve got well over 20 new mixes to come and it will take us well into 2010 to release everything! The whole project culminates with the release of this album Strictly Rhythm Est. 1989 20 Years Remixed compilation which includes all the new remixes of 20 of the labels classic tracks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

George Morell - Lets Groove is my fave SR track.....not my fave label but good to see they're still about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Strictly Rhythm is my fav House label, up there with King Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

jonny68 wrote: »
    Strictly Rhythm is my fav House label, up there with King Street.

man after my own heart, best label of all time for me, just ordered a strictly rhythm hoody top for myself last week, trying to sting someone to pay for it and call it a xmas present. any takers ?

Anyway i hope their around for another 20 years

Advertisement