Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect from week 12 on?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I honestly havn't got a clue :(

pains? weight gain? cravings? etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Yep, yep and yep!

You might get pains from ligaments stretching around your abdomen, this is quite normal. However pain accompanied with bleeding is not!

Weight gain? Oh yes! But thats ok! Its the one time in your life you can gain weight and know that its only temporary. Exercise is ok in pregnancy as long as its not contact sports or high impact sports. Yoga and swimming are highly recommended. However, pregnancy is not a time to go on a diet or try to lose weight.

Some people get cravings, but if you have a good balanced diet you might not. Your body usually craves foods which contain the nutrients your body is lacking, so eat well and you should be ok!

You should also find as you enter the 2nd trimester that your energy levels increase, you sleep better, and you need to pee less! So its not all bad! Morning sickness should start to subside now too.

If you are interested in getting a good book, 'What to expect when you're expecting' is brilliant. Also, I have found www.babycentre.co.uk fantastic. You can see how your body is changing week by week as well as see how your baby is developing. I can't recommend this site enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'd second crazy cat lady about 'what to expect when you're expecting'. I bought it today for a friend of mine who just recently found out she was pregnant and I'm sorry I didn't get it for myself earlier on in the pregnancy!

I flicked through it today and its really informative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

2nd trimester was a breeze for me tbh. Only started growing towards the end, morning sickness and fatigue gone...Great times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bump will start to come on more in the 2nd trimester :) sleep will improve as said above not as much pee'ing most morn sickness tends to fade away too, i had it untill 5 months but everyone is diff :) have you felt any move ments? i think i remba feeling moving aroung 16 to 16 weeks its amazing :)

Advertisement