Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery/Cork

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Sorry if its already been asked/answered, I would appreciate any advice on getting started in archery in and around the Cork area.
    Im based in north Cork and from searching there appear to be two options, Artemis in Hollyhill, and Cork City Archers in Rathpeacon.
    Does anybody know if these clubs have a beginners/induction course, any recommendations for either club?
    About ten years back I joined Dublin Archers and absolutely loved it but had to cut it short due to injury:o. Would love to pick up where I left off.
    Thanks a mill for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

I learnt most of my early skills in both recurve and compound archery in Cork City Archers. Great group of people and highly skilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Panserborn wrote: »
    I learnt most of my early skills in both recurve and compound archery in Cork City Archers. Great group of people and highly skilled.

Thanks Panserborn, I'll contact them in the new year and see if there is a beginners course I can sign up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

I can vouch for Cork City too. There been a few changes in coaches etc. since I started but they're still superior to that Artemis crowd :P Since I'm in college in Dublin now I miss them all :( If you see them tell them Stephen said hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

Great to see there are 2 clubs in Cork now. I'm thinking of dusting off my old bow and returning to the sport. It was Cork archers I was with originally. From memory the hall in Rathpeakon was a bit cramped. Did we manage to get the 18 metres? How many members does each club have does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

When I was there they had full indoor and outdoor facilities. I think they had to change indoor halls but far as I know they have 18m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 corkarcher2

No Jason we didn't :-( We had grand hall in Bishopstown with 2 pitches out the front for outdoor too for a while but the ESB took it over and its just sitting idle now. Still in rathpeacon now as far as I know, it's a disgrace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 archerymad1991

corkarcher wrote: »
    I can vouch for Cork City too. There been a few changes in coaches etc. since I started but they're still superior to that Artemis crowd :P Since I'm in college in Dublin now I miss them all :( If you see them tell them Stephen said hello!

ha-ha, Stephen, Artemis are far superior, just check out the leagues!!!!lol Artemis are good for the coaching, and the hall is good there....

Advertisement