Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

can anyone help in finding stone similiar to the one in the photo, a light grey/blue limestone,allot of quaries in galway seem to have a heavy blue limestone. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

try mcmonagle stone ,google them.

iv being laying there stone for years and find them very helpfull.

is this stone like what your after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

jwshooter wrote: »
    try mcmonagle stone ,google them.

iv being laying there stone for years and find them very helpfull.

is this stone like what your after

That stone is not quarried by the above company name. If you want direct access to buy from the quarry PM me and I will give you the company name.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

is it limestone or granite your looking for?
    the limestone in your picture is probaly weathered and has lost its blue colour.
    any limestone that is broken out will have a blue face as where it is pulled off in seams,
    it wont be as bad.
    there are a few quarries in galway selling that stone if you want phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭cosatron

hi Mossford,
    Im looking for a limestone but im having trouble sourcing some, i take your point about breaking the stone, any numbers would be great, thanks, you can pm them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

mossfort wrote: »
    is it limestone or granite your looking for?
    the limestone in your picture is probaly weathered and has lost its blue colour.
    any limestone that is broken out will have a blue face as where it is pulled off in seams,
    it wont be as bad.
    there are a few quarries in galway selling that stone if you want phone numbers.

There is a grey limestone, we have it on our house and are very happy with it.
    We bought it from <SNIP>

Edit: PM for details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement