Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unavailable number keeps phoning me

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

The phone rings, the caller id says the number is unavailable so I answer it and there is no-one there so I hang up. Then they would call again a few times every day and I would just lift the phone off the receiver and leave it beside the radio and hang up after about 20 minutes but they still keep calling. Can I find some way to get Eircom to stop any ‘unavailable’ phone numbers from ringing my landline? I have a feeling they are telemarketers or some other telesales types. I could even be 'cased' to be burgled, who the 'eck knows?. They don’t seem to want to give up.
    Any suggestions?
    Regards.
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Moved from Infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

From www.eircom.ie

Malicious calls bureau - If you are worried about malicious calls and need help Dial 1800 689 689

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I dont think its "someone" calling you, more like something!!! Your number may be on a database for a computer system that is trying to dial in. First thing to do is get a notepad and pen. Then start noting the exact times the calls come in. after a day or so ring eircom with the details, giving them times and dates and they will handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

FusionNet wrote: »
    I dont think its "someone" calling you, more like something!!! Your number may be on a database for a computer system that is trying to dial in. First thing to do is get a notepad and pen. Then start noting the exact times the calls come in. after a day or so ring eircom with the details, giving them times and dates and they will handle it.
    Exactly the procedure. Tom your number could possibly be on a list of test numbers by mistake that eircom uses for automated call completion tests, or an exchange fault could be routing these calls to you. But it could be thieving scum casing as you say, they're even using facebook status updates to suss peoples whereabouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

Had a similar problem a few years ago. Tracked it down to junk faxes from office equipment suppliers that were being sent out overnight as automated spam. One of the office fax numbers had been redirected to my home phone but because it wasn't connected to a fax it just rang at odd hours of the night when the spam faxes were scheduled to go out.

Sussed it when I plugged in a fax at home. The offending flyer printed out the next time with the culprit company name and the number they had tried to fax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement