Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HeadLights Phenomenon !!!

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi all, this week my headlamp bulb blew. On my way home I saw about 20 - 25 cars with 1 headlamp!!! :confused:
    Is it a coincidence of Winter time most car's headlamp blow.

By the way I have fixed mine.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's not a phenomenon, it happens every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

beni wrote: »
    On my way home I saw about 20 - 25 cars with 1 headlamp!!! :confused:

You sure they weren't motorbikes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Cars should all have LED backups or even dual-bulbs these days, no excuse for it. It's fairly dangerous driving on one light. Wouldn't cost a lot to have it implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Hi all, this week my headlamp bulb blew. On my way home I saw about 20 - 25 cars with 1 headlamp!!! :confused:

Coincidence me bollox. Half the cars on the road are being driven by retards with lights out and fogs/full beams on.

You just joined the club.

Edit: I see you wrote you fixed it. You're outta the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

sdonn wrote: »
    Cars should all have LED backups or even dual-bulbs these days, no excuse for it. It's fairly dangerous driving on one light. Wouldn't cost a lot to have it implemented.

They should also have dipped lights & rear lights hooked up to the ignition, you start your car, they are on. The amount of people driving at twilight/dawn or driving silver or white cars on a misty morning with no lights on is ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Conspiracy theories forum
    >
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

OK, you got me. I've been going around breaking headlights again. I can't help it! Damn Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dean09 wrote: »
    Conspiracy theories forum
    >
    ;)

I don't go there. 'They' read everything you post there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Foglights and especially rear foglights should be wired up to the ignition and attached via electrodes to the drivers groin.
    Once the fog lifts, 60000 volts.
    Maybe they'll learn then, but some people are so thick...
    Once drove behind another car, rear fogs on, no fog in sight. Reverted to my usual polite flash. Then another flash 30 seconds later. Then in 10 seconds interval, then just pulses of light, then full beams permanet plus front fog lights.
    Nothing. Of course. These people are thick after all.
    Got out (traffic jam), walked up to her door, tapped on the glass and asked (nicely) could she please be so kind as to turn off her foglights. She obliges, I thank her, go back to my car, no sooner am I in, she switches foglights back on.
    So back go the front fogs, high beams and cranked the lights all the way up. Just a pity I didn't have a laser pointer to irritate her even more.
    Have I mentioned I hate when people don't switch their rear fogs off?
    I always flash, then switch on full lights permanently.
    I get everything from rude gestures to blank incomprehension and people actually pulling over to see what's wrong with their car.
    Seriously, there should be an IQ test when handing out driving licences. And 60 isn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

If only we had a Motors forum....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement