Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of recycling

Options
  • 22-12-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey all - I'm working on a project at the mo and was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find some stats on the monetary cost of recycling. For example, if I dumped an old couch at my local bring centre and it was taken away by the council and recycled, what does that recycling actually cost ? Or if that same couch went into landfill - what would that cost?

Any thoughts most appreciated.

Thanks a mill - S'Boy

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

My best suggestion would be to get in touch with the EPA and your local authorities.

Another place would be a company like Greenstar that are involved in both recycling and landfill. Or there may be a waste lobby group, Irish or European, that has done some research on this.

Or the European Environmental Agency.

Advertisement