Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmhouse Singles Darts Comp - 28th December

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Tournament time - a singles comp.

Date: Monday 28th December
    Start Time: 7.15 sharp

Singles Tournament

Cost: 5 Euros.

Prizes: Trophies for Winner and Runner Up.

If ya need any more info just shout.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Very interesting, might head out for the laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yeah ya should........be a bit of practice before the singles and doubles in jan.......also with the darts on tv at the mo everyones in the humour for a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

MBC wrote: »
    Yeah ya should........be a bit of practice before the singles and doubles in jan.......also with the darts on tv at the mo everyones in the humour for a game.

Won't be just selling tickets this time!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Winner: Dan Boyce
    Runner up: Gary Gregory
    Dan won 4-1 but it was much closer then the score suggests, gary had a bit of double trouble and it cost him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Well done Boycey pity i forgot all about the bloody thing would have popped down for it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Well done Boycey pity i forgot all about the bloody thing would have popped down for it:mad:

no worries, after the success we had last night there will be plenty more:D

Thanks DT keep us posted and good luck in the singles and doubles and please try and avoid my name in the draw!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

Can anyone tell me what kind of standard these tournaments are. What kind of scoring are we looking at here? I'd love to be able to brush up enough to be able to come down and have a go in one but I'm not interested in making a fool of myself by being miles behind the general standard.

These games mostly average around 15-21 dart legs with the better players and expect the unexpected from the rest! I've played in a few of these and in one leg the player your playin can have a 12-13 darter then hit 100 with there next 12 darts in the next leg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

Cheers Jingle. To be honest, that sounds about like where I am now with the mad inconsistency. I think I'll wait until I sharpen up and can start putting legs away in between 24-30 darts all the time before I show me face and someone can give me a hiding in tournament play!!!

I'll be away for some practice after the Taylor game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Well done Boycey and Gary.
    Two top talented players.
    They should be playing all over Ireland and overseas.Keep the good throwing up lads.
    I forgot all about the comp going mad I missed it:mad:

SwdDub wrote: »
    Cheers Jingle. To be honest, that sounds about like where I am now with the mad inconsistency. I think I'll wait until I sharpen up and can start putting legs away in between 24-30 darts all the time before I show me face and someone can give me a hiding in tournament play!!!

I'll be away for some practice after the Taylor game!

The best practice you can get is in the likes of these tournaments theres a big difference in playin at home by yourself and playing in a pub with people watching. Maybe not even playing in these but even just go to watch the singles for the borough league next 2 mondays and tuesdays in the siver tassie. Most fo the players playing in these tournaments are from this league

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

clivebaby wrote: »
    Well done Boycey and Gary.
    Two top talented players.
    They should be playing all over Ireland and overseas.

What's stopping them?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Antoine56 wrote: »
    What's stopping them?

whats stopping any off us money time and work i've played in coventry open midlands open and it costs a few bob plus time off work

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

mr.jingle wrote: »
    The best practice you can get is in the likes of these tournaments theres a big difference in playin at home by yourself and playing in a pub with people watching. Maybe not even playing in these but even just go to watch the singles for the borough league next 2 mondays and tuesdays in the siver tassie. Most fo the players playing in these tournaments are from this league

Well said Mr Jingle. Darts is like learning to drive, you can't learn in a carpark you have to get on the road!!!

Advertisement