Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

licence renewal

Options
  • 22-12-2009 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am on my second provisional which is currently out of date and which i have lost. I want to apply for my full licence, how do i go about it now?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You need to apply for your driving test in order to get a full licence.

And there are no such thing as 'Provisional Licences' anymore. They are now called Learner Permits, and the main difference between the two is that you always have to have a full licence driver (who has had their full licence for over two years) in the car, regardless of whether you are on your first or second Learner Permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Apply for Learners permit
    Apply for test
    Pass test
    Apply for Full

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Apply for Learners permit
    Apply for test
    Pass test
    Apply for Full

It would be Apply for test then apply for permit....can't get a 3rd permit without proof of a test booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement