Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large nes collection worth?

Options
  • 22-12-2009 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

I've around 100 NES carts( most boxed )
    2 multigame carts
    1 console
    1 zapper
    1 pad

here's the catch, they are all Asian imports so you would need to either have an Asian Console or the lockout chip will need to be cut in your console.
    What does anyone think I'd get?
    €10/15posted, would this be realistic?
    €40/50 for console and controllers?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It depends on the games you have, you might be better selling them seperately since you could have some valuable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Realistically, you'll get as much as someone is willing to pay.

You can download most good NES titles on Wii now anyway (€5!!)... or find all of them on retro/emulator sites.

I think the best thing to do would be find someone who would really appreciate it and give them a good deal. Not going to make your millions from NES.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

cynos wrote: »
    I've around 100 NES carts( most boxed )
    2 multigame carts
    1 console
    1 zapper
    1 pad

here's the catch, they are all Asian imports so you would need to either have an Asian Console or the lockout chip will need to be cut in your console.
    What does anyone think I'd get?
    €10/15posted, would this be realistic?
    €40/50 for console and controllers?

As the other posters said, it depends on what games they are, but two things are assured; people will pay significantly less for a Asian import version - in general - than a PAL or even a North American version of the same game and that a NES with a pad and a zapper isn't ever going to sell for the worth of €40 or €50 itself.

I'm assuming you mean €10 for each game which unless they're all rare titles isn't realistic, especially given the fact they're not PAL versions and you'd be selling almost exclusively to a PAL territory with only a few buyers even capable of easily playing the games. You haven't really came to the best place for advice anyways; the completed listings for games and consoles on eBay would be of far more help than anyone here ever could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a bit of an awkward one.

Here's what I'd do.

- Separate out the rare/desirable games and sell them individually.
    - Everything else sell along with the NES. You probably won't even be able to sell games like Mario 1 on their own, and if you are it's only going to be for a fiver. However in a big lump with loads of games along with a Nes it's going to make you quite a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Thanks O1s1n
    All English language games(90% of them are actually in english) slowly going up on ebay for €5each starting price and multi carts for €10
    Going to keep some classics and a good multi cart and sell as a bundle with the console and zapper and 2 pads
    If anyones after a particular game I may be able to help out so just ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh cool. Throw up an ebay auction so we can all have a peek ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Man.... the nostalgia... it's killing me. If I was in any way rich I'd swipe up the lot for a reasonable price. There's a great shop near me here that sells all retro games too. I saw Sonic The Hedgehog in the window recently for 1 GBP

Advertisement