Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with old tv programme!

Options
  • 22-12-2009 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

heya
    would really really really appreciate some help on remembering a kids tv programme i used to watch.Have very vague memory of it so please excuse the bad description. It would have been on roughly 10 years ago maybe earlier or a little later and as far as i can remember it was on rte 2??
    anyway it was a programme not a cartoon and i think it like went though diff time periods,there was a group of kids i think and they were trying to save someone or do something and there was something going on that people were getting frozen like turned into statues or dummies or robots because a lot of the people in it were robots or dummies or somethings and the kids were trying to get away from them.
    I remember too at some stage it was very venetian or renaissance-y where everyone had the like powdered faces and the clothes. I cant remember the basis of the story line,cant remember much of it to be honest :P.
    Its driving me made for years not being able to think whats its called or anything.Really hope someone out there knows what it is despite my bad description.would really appreciate some help,thanks!!

xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im just gonna go ahead and say the den :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

TBH it sounds a bit like doctor who. not sure it was ever on the den tho.
    it could be rentaghost but your years are out then, rentaghost was on when ah were a young lad bah eck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

the tommorrow kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Or the Tomorrow People, here's a link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwB2zhlCx6k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

well nearly got it right hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

Think this might be it. Into the labyrinth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The only show that reminds me of was The Girl From Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

The only show that reminds me of was The Girl From Tomorrow.

It sounds a bit like it alright, however The girl from tomorrow was out nearly 20 years ago, and as far as I can remember it didn't have people being "frozen" or turned into statues in it.

All it had was a big crystal prism/time machine and the transducer....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Kojak wrote: »
    It sounds a bit like it alright, however The girl from tomorrow was out nearly 20 years ago, and as far as I can remember it didn't have people being "frozen" or turned into statues in it.

All it had was a big crystal prism/time machine and the transducer....

Heh, I'll take your word for it. It was probably more than 10 years ago alright...was probably about 10 or 12 when I watched it...so close to 15 years ago maybe. And I'm sure it was out for a while before RTE got a hold of it.

I was young so I can't recall too many details of the storyline ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Who's tuen is it? Had it anything to do with Chinese people?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

was it Under the Mountain? admittedly this was from the early 80's
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~z/Under_The_Mountain.html

Advertisement