Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeve design

Options
  • 21-12-2009 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi i am getting a half/three quart sleeve and already have ram tattoo (pic below) i am thinking of getting a koi dragon any ideas on how it would look picture of the ram is below also want a night sky behind the ram like a galaxy or nebula can this be done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

When you say Koi Dragon I presume you meant to type Koi / Dragon as a Koi is a fish......
    Anyway, my advice based on what you've wrote there would be to stick to one style. In my opinion if you were to see out what you've described you'll have a mish mash sleeve, while this can work to varying degrees with different styles, I dont think it will work with what you have there at the moment.
    If I were you, I would start considering either covering the ram, leave out the nebula and having full japanese style tattoo or keep the nebula and ram and go for a more horoscope type theme if thats what you're going for. A medivel style dragon could work in there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Diceicle wrote: »
    When you say Koi Dragon I presume you meant to type Koi / Dragon as a Koi is a fish......
    Anyway, my advice based on what you've wrote there would be to stick to one style. In my opinion if you were to see out what you've described you'll have a mish mash sleeve, while this can work to varying degrees with different styles, I dont think it will work with what you have there at the moment.
    If I were you, I would start considering either covering the ram, leave out the nebula and having full japanese style tattoo or keep the nebula and ram and go for a more horoscope type theme if thats what you're going for. A medivel style dragon could work in there either.
    Pretty sure he meant a koi dragon, a popular tattoo since koi's are supposed to evolve into dragons in mythology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

It's a koi body with a dragons body/head emerging from it. It's gotten pretty popular since there were a bunch done on Miami Ink. It's a nice tattoo if done well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ryanner

yeh its a koi fish with dragon head but im not sure how it will look with the ram was wondering if any of you are artisticlly talented you could give me some ideas cause i cant draw to save my life have not got a chance to get to swords was planning on getting cathal in stigmata to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Unfortunately, Cathal passed away some time in the last month and a half-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

A koi-dragon? Thats a new one to me, or at least something i've not picked up on at least. Either way, I stand by the rest of the post, stick with the one theme/style.

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Cathal passed away some time in the last month and a half-ish.

was that not mick who died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

koidragon.jpg

Rough idea of what a koi dragon might look like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

ryanner wrote: »
    was that not mick who died

Jesus Christ.. yeah!

Sorry, dunno how I got the two mixed up :eek:

koidragon.jpg

Rough idea of what a koi dragon might look like.

thanks thats it alright that just might go with the ram or maybe my other arm i have a coulor griffin on it heres a pic

• Advertisement
Advertisement